Topics

SDR Console on a Windows tablet?

Ingemar Lekteus

Is it possible to run SDR Console on a Windows tablet? Would be great for RFI hunting.

Ingemar, SM0ECF

Skickat från Yahoo Mail. Hämta appen

Simon Brown

Of course,

A tablet is just a PC 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ingemar Lekteus via Groups.Io
Sent: 22 January 2020 08:16
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] SDR Console on a Windows tablet?

Is it possible to run SDR Console on a Windows tablet? Would be great for RFI hunting.

Ingemar, SM0ECF

Ingemar Lekteus

Excellent! Thank you, Simon 😊!

Ingemar, SM0ECF

Den onsdag 22 januari 2020 09:23:31 CET, Simon Brown <simon@...> skrev:

Of course,

Simon Brown, G4ELI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ingemar Lekteus via Groups.Io

Ingemar, SM0ECF

Siegfried Jackstien

yes... ... i run it on a tiny 10 inch tablet with an atom cpu ... 4 gig ram ... driving a 32 inch tv via hdmi (ok ok the tv screen is not handy for rfi hunting but a fun to use at home)

simon moans it is to slow for this (depends on how you setup sdr console you can lower cpu load a bit) ...

and yes ... you can not work 20 megs bw sdr with a tiny tablet :-)

but ... a pluto 1 megs wide in fullduplex?? yes that works fine (its may everyday workhorse on qo100)

or ... a funcubedongle... rtlstick etc etc

as long as you keep the cpu load low it will work also an a tiny tablet

(and switch off unneeded things like wireless lan so windows can not call to mummy)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 22.01.2020 um 08:15 schrieb Ingemar Lekteus via Groups.Io:

Ingemar, SM0ECF

Siegfried Jackstien

as long as the tablet is fast enough ... :-)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 22.01.2020 um 08:23 schrieb Simon Brown:

Of course,

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Ingemar, SM0ECF

Allan Isaacs

Snap… I use my Andrus over my LAN to an Atom 230 with the latest Windows 10 and Simon’s SDR Console into a 40 inch TV.

No problems, but the SDR runs only 400KHz bandwidth.

I was a bit surprised when Windows 10 installed without complaining about the spec.

Allan G3PIY

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 22 January 2020 19:54
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] SDR Console on a Windows tablet?

yes... ... i run it on a tiny 10 inch tablet with an atom cpu ... 4 gig ram ... driving a 32 inch tv via hdmi (ok ok the tv screen is not handy for rfi hunting but a fun to use at home)

simon moans it is to slow for this (depends on how you setup sdr console you can lower cpu load a bit) ...

but ... a pluto 1 megs wide in fullduplex?? yes that works fine (its may everyday workhorse on qo100)

(and switch off unneeded things like wireless lan so windows can not call to mummy)

dg9bfc sigi

Ingemar, SM0ECF

_._,_._,_

Tudor Vedeanu

I use SDR Console on a Surface Pro 4 tablet. The CPU (i7) is powerful enough to run not one but two different SDR devices simultaneously. The only thing which bothers me is the lack of a dedicated GPU, which makes SDR Console run rather slow. Other apps like SDR#, HDSDR and SDRUno work well. They probably don’t rely on the GPU as much.

~Tudor

Ingemar Lekteus

Nice to hear that low-powered tablets can be used. I don't need much bw.

Any suggestions for a decent, easily portable antenna to be used with an Airspy HF+?

Ingemar, SM0ECF

Den onsdag 22 januari 2020 20:56:15 CET, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> skrev:

dg9bfc sigi

Ingemar, SM0ECF

David J Taylor

Nice to hear that low-powered tablets can be used. I don't need much bw.

Any suggestions for a decent, easily portable antenna to be used with an Airspy HF+?

Ingemar, SM0ECF
================================================

The "youloop" ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=youloop+antenna

Look for the images.

David GM8ARV
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Bjarne Mjelde

Are you running the latest version of SDR-C? I have a very moderate-spec Dell micro form factor PC, in-board GPU, on which it runs a normal 2 MHz sampling of RSPdx at 1.5 to 2.5 % CPU. So efficiency has improved a lot from only a few versions ago.
--
Bjarne Mjelde
arcticdx.blogspot.com
Remote receivers: 
arcticsdr.ddns.net:8073/
kongsdr.ddns.net:8074

Ingemar Lekteus

I am running 3.0.18. Works fine on my rather old PCs. No Windows tablet yet.

Ingemar, SM0ECF

23 jan. 2020 kl. 12:22 skrev Bjarne Mjelde <bjarne.mjelde@...>:

Are you running the latest version of SDR-C? I have a very moderate-spec Dell micro form factor PC, in-board GPU, on which it runs a normal 2 MHz sampling of RSPdx at 1.5 to 2.5 % CPU. So efficiency has improved a lot from only a few versions ago.
--
Bjarne Mjelde
arcticdx.blogspot.com
Remote receivers: 
arcticsdr.ddns.net:8073/
kongsdr.ddns.net:8074

Mark Cayton <oldjackbob@...>

3.0.18 is not the latest, 3.0.19 is the latest.
--
Mark  K1LSB