Topics

#future - Satellite auto sched - switch to next scheduled sat at end of current sat pass #future

Rick Hall

Suggested change: When satellite auto scheduling is active:  When LOS occurs for the currently tracked satellite, immediately switch to the next scheduled satellite.  The satellite tracking window would then show the next expected satellite's track and its AOS.
The current program action at LOS of the -current- satellite is to show the next AOS for the -same (current) - satellite.  It would be more useful to show the next -scheduled- satellite and its AOS.  Thanks, Rick - K5GZR

Hasan Schiers N0AN

I agree, next scheduled sat, not the next pass of the just completed scheduled satellite pass.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:30 PM Rick Hall <k5gzr@...> wrote:
Suggested change: When satellite auto scheduling is active:  When LOS occurs for the currently tracked satellite, immediately switch to the next scheduled satellite.  The satellite tracking window would then show the next expected satellite's track and its AOS.
The current program action at LOS of the -current- satellite is to show the next AOS for the -same (current) - satellite.  It would be more useful to show the next -scheduled- satellite and its AOS.  Thanks, Rick - K5GZR

Ed Manuel

Also, for SDR’s that provide RX/TX, a way to load the matching uplink frequency, net of Doppler.  I have a Pluto specifically.  Thanks.

Ed, N5EM

Phil Somers

Yes. Switching the map display to the next scheduled pass (and showing its Name, AOS, Az/El, etc.) would be very useful.
Thanks. Phil VE3HST

Rick Hall

Hello Simon...
Just following up on this future item.
Hoping it might get added to the 'possible to do' list.
Thanks,   Rick  -  K5GZR

It will – hoping to get my satellite antennas up in a week or two, at least once it finally stops raining!

Hoping it might get added to the 'possible to do' list.
Thanks,   Rick  -  K5GZR

Just been added in 3.0.22, release next week.