Import csv marker file

Francesco Di Giovanni

I have tried without success to import .csv marker file.
The file comprises two fields only: frequency and station.
What am I doing wrong?

73, Francesco Di Giovanni - IN3XZP

Simon Brown

What you are doing wrong:

1. Not including a copy of the file.
  2. Not including any screenshots.

I suggest:

1. First save as CSV,
  2. Edit this CSV, then you know the format is correct.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Francesco Di Giovanni
Sent: 21 December 2019 22:37
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Import csv marker file

I have tried without success to import .csv marker file.
The file comprises two fields only: frequency and station.
What am I doing wrong?

73, Francesco Di Giovanni - IN3XZP

diyer

what software are you using for your sdr?  If you tell us then we can tell you where to look and what to do with it.  
do have excel or open office?  you will need something like that.

73 & happy ny

Paul Account Wright <ceauce@...>

Hi Don,

I’m  new to this technology and finding my way with the help of the forum ;)

Currently I’m trying out SDR Console V3 (which for me has been the easiest SDR software to use so far) however... I don’t think SDR Console can connect with Spectrum Lab / RMOB or Colorgramme etc to store the data for meteor scatter ?

Perhaps SDR# feeding a signal to Spectrum lab is a better option? I really want to record data automatically (including video screen grabs ) somehow  and also submit data to RMOB / or process it at a later date.

Paul

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of don_wa5ngp <m240zz@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 7:55:36 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Import csv marker file

what software are you using for your sdr?  If you tell us then we can tell you where to look and what to do with it.  
do have excel or open office?  you will need something like that.

73 & happy ny

Francesco Di Giovanni

Thank you everyone,
I have solved.
The Excel comma separated values where semicolon separated.
I created a csv file from Swsked file and then edited keeping only frequencies in Hz and the Station field; then replaced semicolons with commas.
Now everything run flawlessy.

73, Francesco - IN3XZP 

Alan G4ZFQ

Perhaps SDR# feeding a signal to Spectrum lab is a better option? I really want to record data automatically (including video screen grabs ) somehow  and also submit data to RMOB / or process it at a later date.
Paul,

Regarding passing audio to SpecLab or any other software there is no difference between any of the SDR programs.
You have to use "Stereo Mix" if available or any of the virtual audio cables.
I have already sent you the link to my notes https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/pipe_sound_between_sdr_and_decoder.
Others here will help.

You have proved your RTL can receive what you want, you are probably not too far away from actually getting the RTL working within SpecLab.

73 Alan G4ZFQ