Sdr Console and DsD plus

Christopher Warren <christopherlwarren@...>

I am trying to setup SDR Console, Rtl-Sdr, and dsd + to work together.  I am using VB-AVC as a virtual audio device . The dongle does  work on its own but I cannot get the dsd+ to decode dv mode transmission. 

Has anybody done this before? If yes can you list the setting needed to compare them to mine.

vincent

make sure the vfo mode is FM Wide

Vincent

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:17 AM, Christopher Warren <christopherlwarren@...> wrote:
I am trying to setup SDR Console, Rtl-Sdr, and dsd + to work together.  I am using VB-AVC as a virtual audio device . The dongle does  work on its own but I cannot get the dsd+ to decode dv mode transmission. 

Has anybody done this before? If yes can you list the setting needed to compare them to mine.

Ray Lyford

Hi Vincent have you tried YouTube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDmYHuIVj8

www.youtube.com
In this video I download DSDdecoder and pipe the audio from SDRuno into DSD using VAC VAC configuration is in this video https://youtu.be/il-4VliXwVk This is Number 8 ...

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of vincent <altectogo@...>
Sent: 09 November 2017 16:20
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Sdr Console and DsD plus

Vincent

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:17 AM, Christopher Warren <christopherlwarren@...> wrote:

vincent

nope, piping audio to DSDPlus with SDR Console is pretty straight forward. I use Airspy, SDR Console V3 and DSDPlus. works like a dream for me

Vincent

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Ray Lyford <ancient_brit@...> wrote:

Hi Vincent have you tried YouTube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDmYHuIVj8

In this video I download DSDdecoder and pipe the audio from SDRuno into DSD using VAC VAC configuration is in this video https://youtu.be/il-4VliXwVk This is Number 8 ...

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of vincent <altectogo@...>

Vincent

Mark J Culross

Christopher:

I won't go so far as to say it is completely impossible using SDR Console, but I tried to make this same combo (SDR Console / RTLSDR / VB Audio Cable / DSD+) to work for decoding DMR, but was never able to get anything to decode properly.

I worked on it for quite a few days, but eventually, by simply replacing SDR Console with SDRsharp (for this activity ONLY . . . SDR Console remains as my favorite SDR software front-end !!), I was able to decode the stream received from my DMR radio correctly with everything else unchanged.

If you do eventually get SDR Console to work, I'd likewise be interested in your working setup !!

Thanks,

Mark J Culross
KD5RX

Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:17 AM
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Sdr Console and DsD plus

Ray Lyford

I added a second soundcard. No VAC and no messing with settings.

Stereo mix can also be very useful.

Ray

Sent: 09 November 2017 16:56

nope, piping audio to DSDPlus with SDR Console is pretty straight forward. I use Airspy, SDR Console V3 and DSDPlus. works like a dream for me

Vincent

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Ray Lyford <ancient_brit@...> wrote:

Vincent

Joe Puma

Greetings,

I have gotten SDR Console to work with DSD plus and the last time I’ve used DSD plus I believe I had SDR console running. But that is not to say that I didn’t experience problems and the easiest working solution for me was to use SDR sharp. Especially since it has a plug into launch DSD plus. Doesn’t work with the fast lane version but that’s nor here or there right now. 

I always chalked it up as not having enough CPU power because DSD+ need some horse power and so does SDR Console. So I figured when I was having problems the DSD plus app just couldn’t properly decode because of CPU bandwidth. I am also a subscriber to DSD plus fastlane where they send you the latest version of the DSD plus program, and if you don’t have that version you might want to send them the little fee to get the latest and greatest. 

Best,
Joe
KD2NFC 

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 9, 2017, at 12:07 PM, Mark J Culross <mjculross@...> wrote:

Christopher:

I won't go so far as to say it is completely impossible using SDR Console, but I tried to make this same combo (SDR Console / RTLSDR / VB Audio Cable / DSD+) to work for decoding DMR, but was never able to get anything to decode properly.

I worked on it for quite a few days, but eventually, by simply replacing SDR Console with SDRsharp (for this activity ONLY . . . SDR Console remains as my favorite SDR software front-end !!), I was able to decode the stream received from my DMR radio correctly with everything else unchanged.

If you do eventually get SDR Console to work, I'd likewise be interested in your working setup !!

Thanks,

Mark J Culross
KD5RX

Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:17 AM
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Sdr Console and DsD plus

john rader

Christopher, I use sdr-console with rtl dongle r820t, or any tuner compatible with sdr-console, and VAC. The signal must be strong in order to decode, any weak signal will not decode or decode with many drop-outs losing audio continously. A strong signal is a must.
John, kd8paf

Hi all . Thank you for all your replies.  At least I know it is not something I am doing wrong.

At the moment I am using a quad core 1.67Ghz processors and 64 bit windows 7. So i may need more umff? To get it working.  Btw the repeater is with a mile of my Qth. And i have already made it work with SDR#. But i really wished it would work with SDR Console which i prefer.

Whilst I am on the subject. I downloaded ver3 and I cannot find the memory icon, which according to the manual is next to the favourites icon. Has it moved?

Thanks again. De Chris. 

gautea@...

Hi Chris, I am running this setup. See screenshot.
Running fine with my NUC i5, 4th gen. Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit.
Decodes audio quite well.
The DSDplusv1.10 shortcut is pointing to a CMD file with setup for the DSD program.
Also "watching" the terrible ISM part of the UHF band :-)
Have fun.
LB6YD Gaute

Larry Weaver

Edited

Making the "Cable Output" the system default made it all come together on my setup.

Hope this may help,
Larry

Simon Brown

Hi,

Memory support in the very latest kit, there should be a kit for everyone in this forum tomorrow.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher Warren
Sent: 10 November 2017 07:41

Hi all . Thank you for all your replies.  At least I know it is not something I am doing wrong.

At the moment I am using a quad core 1.67Ghz processors and 64 bit windows 7. So i may need more umff? To get it working.  Btw the repeater is with a mile of my Qth. And i have already made it work with SDR#. But i really wished it would work with SDR Console which i prefer.

Whilst I am on the subject. I downloaded ver3 and I cannot find the memory icon, which according to the manual is next to the favourites icon. Has it moved?

Thanks again. De Chris. 

At last.  Made it.
Thank you all for your help and feedback. The screenshot did the trick as i could see all the settings. What i did wrong was that i set the mode to NFM and not WFM. I could not see the button as it was not selected from the list. Decoding is now 100%.
I must also thank the om who first suggested WFM but could not find it at the time.
Now I can use SDR Console.

Thanks again.

Simon Brown

Hi,

Also big thanks from me, I’ve added a DSDPlus page: http://www.sdr-radio.com/Software/3rd-Party/DSDPlus using info from this thread.

In today’s kit Narrow FM is fixed – I have the de-emphasis wrong – badly wrong (typo).

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher Warren
Sent: 11 November 2017 08:27

At last.  Made it.

Thank you all for your help and feedback. The screenshot did the trick as i could see all the settings. What i did wrong was that i set the mode to NFM and not WFM. I could not see the button as it was not selected from the list. Decoding is now 100%.

I must also thank the om who first suggested WFM but could not find it at the time.

Now I can use SDR Console.

Thanks again.

Simon,

That goes without saying. As always you have given us a superb piece of software. Which gets better with every upgrade. I first used your digi software during the early days, when I was using the then standard Digipan, and convinced our club to try HRD instead.

I will download this new feature for sure.

Thanks

Chris de 9H1BW.

2e0keh@...

Vincent
This is something I would like to try. do you anyone esle have a writeup on how to do this? I see plenty SDR# configs but none for Console V3 + DSD+
Tried Google and Youtube various videos these point towards trunking which does make for any real use for in the UK. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Pete

Simon Brown

Pete,

What do you want to do?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of 2e0keh@...
Sent: 29 July 2018 21:22

Vincent
This is something I would like to try. do you anyone esle have a writeup on how to do this? I see plenty SDR# configs but none for Console V3 + DSD+
Tried Google and Youtube various videos these point towards trunking which does make for any real use for in the UK. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Pete

Joe Puma

Pete you have to install a virtual audio cable to send the sdrc audio to a virtual output. Then when you launch dsd.exe you have to specify the input by using the -i and number of input which you get a list of when you launch dsd.exe.  

I Don’t have a howto handy but if your familiar with sending audio to a VAC from SDR Console and selecting an input from whatever 3rd party decoder you might happen to use it’s basically the same thing. 

Joe
KD2NFC 

On Jul 29, 2018, at 4:21 PM, 2e0keh@... wrote:

Vincent

Thanks
Pete

2e0keh@...

Hello Simon & Joe ;-}
SDR is very new to me, it makes me want to try SDR Console more than SDR# Im still using Swiss vers of HRD v5 b2893, the fact that Simon is still providing for us what others cannot and they want to take your eyes out! 
I am trying to configure Console V3 with DSD+ I have Virtual audio cable driver. I tried to upload a sceen grab of DSD+ it would probably show better than what I am trying to explain.  DSD+ winodw has several audio # options. When I type -i i am getting mono audio decoding initiated IMBE unvoiced audio level set to 40. So my question is how to get console and DSD+ on speaking terms.

Thanks
Pete 

Simon Brown

Hi Pete,

I’m not a DSD user so can’t really help. As others have said you’ll need an audio cable. So maybe a DSD user can help…

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of 2e0keh@...
Sent: 30 July 2018 13:01

Hello Simon & Joe ;-}
SDR is very new to me, it makes me want to try SDR Console more than SDR# Im still using Swiss vers of HRD v5 b2893, the fact that Simon is still providing for us what others cannot and they want to take your eyes out! 
I am trying to configure Console V3 with DSD+ I have Virtual audio cable driver. I tried to upload a sceen grab of DSD+ it would probably show better than what I am trying to explain.  DSD+ winodw has several audio # options. When I type -i i am getting mono audio decoding initiated IMBE unvoiced audio level set to 40. So my question is how to get console and DSD+ on speaking terms.

Thanks
Pete