Ettus B210 - Works!

Simon Brown

So,

Just spent a few hours with Ettus support in Wales and the B210 now works, anyone who needs a kit please let me know.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

vincent

Hi Simon, 
any new support for the rest of us Ettus users like B200?

Vincent

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,

Just spent a few hours with Ettus support in Wales and the B210 now works, anyone who needs a kit please let me know.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Simon Brown

B200 works, what features are you looking for?

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of vincent
Sent: 08 October 2017 19:40
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Ettus B210 - Works!

Hi Simon, 

any new support for the rest of us Ettus users like B200?

Vincent

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Norm n3ykf <normanlizeth@...>

Please!

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:
So,

Just spent a few hours with Ettus support in Wales and the B210 now works,
anyone who needs a kit please let me know.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Please send me a link to the kit.

Norm n3ykf

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:
So,

Just spent a few hours with Ettus support in Wales and the B210 now works,
anyone who needs a kit please let me know.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Srimal Lakshitha

Hi Simon,
Can I have the link for a kit. Waiting so long for this.

Best,
Srimal Lakshithe Premalal, 
B.Sc Eng(Hons.)(Moratuwa), AMIE(SL)

mobile : +94 71 4122 622
e-mail  : srimal001@...

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 12:02 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Simon Brown

Hi,

Kit this afternoon.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Srimal Lakshitha
Sent: 09 October 2017 05:48

Hi Simon,

Can I have the link for a kit. Waiting so long for this.

Best,

Srimal Lakshithe Premalal, 

B.Sc Eng(Hons.)(Moratuwa)AMIE(SL)

mobile : +94 71 4122 622

e-mail  : srimal001@...

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 12:02 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Simon Brown

Links sent to the B210 owners.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: 09 October 2017 10:27

Hi,

Kit this afternoon.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Py2Rn

Hi I need it, could you please share. Thank you.

Ed  PY2RN

David Salomon

A few questions,,,

Do the code changes require a different release version of the Ettus drivers (vs the currently required 003.010.000)?  When this is a GA release, will I have to update my drivers to use a different Ettus version?

73 - David, AG4F

Got my B210 to work with the latest ver of 3. WENT TO THE ETTUS BINARY
PAGE AND FOUND THE EXACT SOFTWARE BUNDLE SIMON SPECIFIES. BE CAREFUL.
IT'S NOT WHERE THE LINK TAKES YOU. ONE PAGE BACK.
Have fun with the B210. It's a great receiver.
Norm n3ykf

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 1:19 PM David Salomon <david_salomon@...> wrote:

A few questions,,,

Do the code changes require a different release version of the Ettus drivers (vs the currently required 003.010.000)? When this is a GA release, will I have to update my drivers to use a different Ettus version?

73 - David, AG4F

Simon Brown

David,

If this is a message for me then I need context please.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Salomon
Sent: 27 September 2018 18:19

A few questions,,,

Do the code changes require a different release version of the Ettus drivers (vs the currently required 003.010.000)?  When this is a GA release, will I have to update my drivers to use a different Ettus version?

73 - David, AG4F

David Salomon

Simon -

Yes, for you.  Sorry to not be clearer.  The current version of the console requires Ettus version 003.010.000 drivers to work.  I was just wondering if the changes you made for the B210 will affect the operation of the B200, and if we will need to use a more current version of the Ettus drivers to work with the updated code?

Clearer?

Thanks - David

Simon Brown

David,

Same device essentially. Please just try – I don’t have the B210 myself.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Salomon
Sent: 27 September 2018 21:28

Simon -

Yes, for you.  Sorry to not be clearer.  The current version of the console requires Ettus version 003.010.000 drivers to work.  I was just wondering if the changes you made for the B210 will affect the operation of the B200, and if we will need to use a more current version of the Ettus drivers to work with the updated code?

Clearer?

Thanks - David

David Salomon

Simon -

Roger.  Need the link.

Another question - do you have any experience with the TitanSDR PRO?  Thoughts about it?  Any chance you will support it in the future?  I'm thinking about getting one second hand, but it's pricey.  Trying to gather some intel to see if it's worth the money.

73 - David

Simon Brown

I looked at the TitanSDR – why buy it?

• HF+
  • NetSDR / CloudIQ etc. from RFspace
  • Perseus
  • ELAD S3 soon

I doubt they will send me to add the support. Stick with the above, they will not let you down.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Sent: 28 September 2018 13:14

Simon -

Roger.  Need the link.

Another question - do you have any experience with the TitanSDR PRO?  Thoughts about it?  Any chance you will support it in the future?  I'm thinking about getting one second hand, but it's pricey.  Trying to gather some intel to see if it's worth the money.

73 - David

David Salomon

I already have the HF+, NetSDR, Elad FDM-S2, WinRadio G33DDC and B200.  They're all great radios.  What the Titan brings that the others don't is the ability to have simultaneous multiple channels within 4 wide bandwidth areas in different parts of the HF spectrum with a high quality (16-bit / 80 msps) ADC.  While some of the others, such as the FDM-S2, provide a wider bandwidth, they can't cover multiple channels within the entire HF spectrum, only within the single wide bandwidth.  The B200 covers almost the entire HF spectrum and can (with your software) provide multiple channels within that spectrum.  However, it's only 12-bit and some of what I'm currently doing really benefits from the higher dynamic range of a 16-bit ADC.

The S3 can definitely be a much better solution, but who knows if/when it will actually become available.  It's been "available soon" for a very long time.  If Elad would provide a real release date, there are a lot of people, me included, who would jump on it.  Heck, I'd pre-order and pre-pay for it if I could get a firm availability window.

But the most important reason - I love tinkering with new radio stuff. :)

I'm still at the consideration stage, and just trying to gather info.  However, if I do decide to pick one up, I'd be happy to provide it to you (or your guy in NC) for development purposes.

On a totally unrelated topic - are you into contesting?  If you are, I did the CQ WW WPX SSB contest from PJ2T earlier this year and will be there again in late March 2019 for that contest.  If you're interested, I can set up a sched with you (or anyone else that's interested) to ensure you are able to work them.

David

Simon Brown

David,

• How much is the Titan SDR?
  • 16 bits isn’t great.
  • Give me a shout when you’re off to PJ2T, I’m usually on 80m SSB DX every morning, would be great to work you on 80m.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Sent: 28 September 2018 14:53

I already have the HF+, NetSDR, Elad FDM-S2, WinRadio G33DDC and B200.  They're all great radios.  What the Titan brings that the others don't is the ability to have simultaneous multiple channels within 4 wide bandwidth areas in different parts of the HF spectrum with a high quality (16-bit / 80 msps) ADC.  While some of the others, such as the FDM-S2, provide a wider bandwidth, they can't cover multiple channels within the entire HF spectrum, only within the single wide bandwidth.  The B200 covers almost the entire HF spectrum and can (with your software) provide multiple channels within that spectrum.  However, it's only 12-bit and some of what I'm currently doing really benefits from the higher dynamic range of a 16-bit ADC.

The S3 can definitely be a much better solution, but who knows if/when it will actually become available.  It's been "available soon" for a very long time.  If Elad would provide a real release date, there are a lot of people, me included, who would jump on it.  Heck, I'd pre-order and pre-pay for it if I could get a firm availability window.

But the most important reason - I love tinkering with new radio stuff. :)

I'm still at the consideration stage, and just trying to gather info.  However, if I do decide to pick one up, I'd be happy to provide it to you (or your guy in NC) for development purposes.

On a totally unrelated topic - are you into contesting?  If you are, I did the CQ WW WPX SSB contest from PJ2T earlier this year and will be there again in late March 2019 for that contest.  If you're interested, I can set up a sched with you (or anyone else that's interested) to ensure you are able to work them.

David

David Salomon

Simon -

The standard version is € 1.799,00.  The PRO version is € 2.285,00.  Both include VAT.  These prices are from the distributor in the Netherlands (http://www.rys.nl/enablia-titan-sdr-multichannel).  There are other distributors, but the ones I found don't list prices on their websites.

There aren't many non-military SDRs available today with >16 bits.  I'd love to start seeing more available with 24 bit ADCs.

The current plan is to head there 3/26 and stay through 4/2.  I should have plenty of time to work you on numerous bands during and/or before the contest.

i2ils

hello Simon,

please, can you send also to me, a link for Ettus B200 and B210 ?

Thanks.

I2ils Salvatore