Selecting the audio playback device from SDR Console

David J Taylor

I'm seeing a correct-looking spectrum (FM broadcast), but getting no audio out. I see my speakers in the list of audio devices but no obvious way of selecting them. The Audio Signal panel shows no waveform.

Looks like I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Ray Lyford

Hi David

                I have had this a few times. It was my own fault I had the AGC off. You have most probably checked that but thought I would mention it just in case.

Regards Ray M0BBV

I'm seeing a correct-looking spectrum (FM broadcast), but getting no audio
out.  I see my speakers in the list of audio devices but no obvious way of
selecting them.  The Audio Signal panel shows no waveform.

Looks like I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

www.satsignal.eu
David and Cecilia Taylor, Edinburgh. Pointers to David's Software and Digital Imaging pages.

Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

David J Taylor

Hi David

I have had this a few times. It was my own fault I had the AGC off. You have most probably checked that but thought I would mention it just in case.

Regards Ray M0BBV
===================================

Thanks, Ray.

All the AGC control I can see is on the DSP panel, with AGC showing as Slow, with an up-down button next to it which is making no difference. I also see that when I press the Receive/Broadcast FM button there is a spectrum display template shown, but no data in it. Somewhere along the chain the data isn't getting through. There's no volume control visible either.

The main spectrum display looks 100% correct, with the 19 kHz pilot tone displayed in quieter periods.

Just checked and SDR Console 2.3/2729 works correctly, including the volume control.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

.

Ray Lyford

Hi David

               AGC in the left panel. hit the sliders button and make sure they have not ben moved by accident. also  Right Click the Volume in the taskbar and select playback devices. Check the speakers are not muted. I have found MultiPSK and a couple of other programs will sometimes mute the output device.

Ray M0BBV

[...]

Simon Brown

Screenshot?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

I'm seeing a correct-looking spectrum (FM broadcast), but getting no audio
out. I see my speakers in the list of audio devices but no obvious way of
selecting them. The Audio Signal panel shows no waveform.

Looks like I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

David J Taylor

Screenshot?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
================================

Simon,

Attached.

Yes, where /does/ it save screen-shots? It should (a) tell me, and (b) allow me to choose. I don't use the "Pictures" directory.

Incidentally, this is an out-of-the-box experience with this version of the software.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

David J Taylor

Hi David

AGC in the left panel. hit the sliders button and make sure they have not ben moved by accident. also Right Click the Volume in the taskbar and select playback devices. Check the speakers are not muted. I have found MultiPSK and a couple of other programs will sometimes mute the output device.

Ray M0BBV
==================================

Thanks, Ray. I don't see any sliders, and in any case the spectrum and waterfall are displaying correctly.

But it appears that I have no receivers, hence no audio and AF spectrum display.

Simon, is it desirable that the program can set to no receivers without giving a warning?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

.

Simon Brown

David,

You don't have any receivers! Ribbon bar, Receive, Add...

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

[...]

=======================================

Thanks, that wasn't obvious to me.

As I asked before: is it desirable that the program can set to no receivers without giving a warning?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

.

Simon Brown

Well,

Maybe - maybe a warning in the RX DSP pane...

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

You don't have any receivers! Ribbon bar, Receive, Add...

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com
=======================================

Thanks, that wasn't obvious to me.

As I asked before: is it desirable that the program can set to no receivers
without giving a warning?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

.

David J Taylor

Well,

Maybe - maybe a warning in the RX DSP pane...

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Not a high priority, of course, Simon, but I find that the more warnings (and mouse-over hints) that you give the fewer support questions you get! Mostly.....

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...