Sharing Favorites Over Several PCs

Dominic Dambro

If this is even possible, I'd love directions.
I have Version 3, Build 811 installed on several PCs around the house; two Windows 10 desktops, one Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 laptop.
I would love to sync my favorites among all of them. If I add a favorite while listening in the kitchen, I would like it to be available to me when I use a laptop in the bedroom.
Is it possible to keep a central favorites file and share it on the network? I use an Afedri SDR-Net with SDR Console over LAN, so I like to move around.

Thanks,
Dominic

John Barnett

Google xmarks this will do what you need. Be sure to turn off any synchronization in your browsers as this will confuse Xmarks, depending on your browser you will need to download extensions from the browsers extension store.

Regards
John Barnett

York North Yorkshire Locator IO93lw

On 12 August 2017 at 21:20, Dominic Dambro <dominic1967@...> wrote:
If this is even possible, I'd love directions.
I have Version 3, Build 811 installed on several PCs around the house; two Windows 10 desktops, one Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 laptop.
I would love to sync my favorites among all of them. If I add a favorite while listening in the kitchen, I would like it to be available to me when I use a laptop in the bedroom.
Is it possible to keep a central favorites file and share it on the network? I use an Afedri SDR-Net with SDR Console over LAN, so I like to move around.

Thanks,
Dominic

David J Taylor

If this is even possible, I'd love directions.
I have Version 3, Build 811 installed on several PCs around the house; two Windows 10 desktops, one Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 laptop.
I would love to sync my favorites among all of them. If I add a favorite while listening in the kitchen, I would like it to be available to me when I use a laptop in the bedroom.
Is it possible to keep a central favorites file and share it on the network? I use an Afedri SDR-Net with SDR Console over LAN, so I like to move around.

Thanks,
Dominic
================================

Dominic,

I've not been able to check this, but having just a central file accessible by all PCs? Failing that, if software doesn't allow you to specify a central location perhaps....

1 - you could use DropBox (or Google Drive, or One Drive?) to share a file across several PCs.

2 - you could wrap the invocation of the software in a script which copied the files from the central location to the local disk at the start, and back again at the end.

Let's hope (1) and (2) aren't needed.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

This is something I've thought about and would like myself. I don't have a perfect solution at the moment...

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

--

Peter Cumminsky <peterconrad@...>

You could use a cloud service (like Dropbox) and appropriate sync software to keep all your devices "favorites" file (and anym others) in sync. That's what I do. I have 3 PC's 3 laptops, 6 tablets and a smartphone or two. WFM!

Simon Brown

Well,

That’s the sort of idea.

Simon Brown, G4ELI