v3 Preview - June Audio recording, not recording the expected frequency

Thom - W8TAM

Greetings,

Using the June 16th preview, build 811, 64bit on Windows 10, using a SDRPlay RSP2 Pro.

I did a complete reset, deleted all of the registry keys & user files, and still have this same trouble.

When I select a frequency, and record, recording seems to happen from the center of the waterfall.

I do not get the audio from my tuned frequency in the recording, and the filename indicates that the recording is from the middle frequency in the waterfall, not the RX frequency.

Example: Tuned to 7.165.000, record filename is "11-Aug-2017 133848.398 7.100MHz 000.wav"

Am I doing something wrong, or have I identified a bug?

Thanks Simon for such a wonderful application.

73,
-Thom
w8tam

Cecil Bayona

I used to have a couple of PCs on Windows 10 Preview, after a while I could not wait to get off the Preview Merry Go Round. So many applications would break and not work that getting off could not come quick enough. After getting off the systems settled down and all the applications that were acting up started working.

This may not be your problem but having the Preview version on a PC that you want to work reliably is bound to lead to a lot of frustration.

On 8/11/2017 12:44 PM, Thom - W8TAM wrote:
Greetings,
Using the June 16th preview, build 811, 64bit on Windows 10, using a SDRPlay RSP2 Pro.
I did a complete reset, deleted all of the registry keys & user files, and still have this same trouble.
When I select a frequency, and record, recording seems to happen from the center of the waterfall.
I do not get the audio from my tuned frequency in the recording, and the filename indicates that the recording is from the middle frequency in the waterfall, not the RX frequency.
Example: Tuned to 7.165.000, record filename is "11-Aug-2017 133848.398 7.100MHz 000.wav"
Am I doing something wrong, or have I identified a bug?
Thanks Simon for such a wonderful application.
73,
-Thom
w8tam

I just checked this – seems OK.

  1. See screenshot attached.
  2. I selected the first option ‘Record’ in the Audio panel of the Rec/Playback pane.
  3. I then selected WAV

  4. Then I selected Start.
  5. The ‘Recording; text is shown in the Receivers window in Yellow.
  6. After the recording completed I selected Browse to browse the most recent folder where I found 11-Aug-2017 19h29m17s - 3.662 MHz, LSB.wav which I played back with standard Windows media software, in this case Groove Music.

My conclusion is that you either confused an audio file with an IQ (Data) recording or you made an IQ (data) recording by mistake.

Anyway the software does work and I’m off to bury my head in the code again 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com