Playing with V3

David J Taylor

Hmmm,

Now I need to design a way to say the image to a file as it’s created so I can leave this running overnight and see the picture in the morning. I need to save after every x lines have been added.

I’m thinking base64 – I have a very highly optimized routine for this. You could have to read this file in via the new program to create an image which you can see with other file viewers…

Simon Brown G4ELI

Perhaps use a movie format?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...

Nice idea, but I think I should save the raw data I display in each row together with a timestamp, this part is easy.

Then I write a new window which loads the file and displays it together with the timestamps on the Y-axis and the frequency on the X-axis.

Very easy programming…

Simon Brown G4ELI
http://v2.sdr-radio.com

Now I need to design a way to say the image to a file as it’s created so I
can leave this running overnight and see the picture in the morning. I need
to save after every x lines have been added.

I’m thinking base64 – I have a very highly optimized routine for this. You
could have to read this file in via the new program to create an image which
you can see with other file viewers…

Simon Brown G4ELI

Perhaps use a movie format?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...

vincent

Looks great Simon, When can I play with it?

Vincent

Simon Brown

I’m aiming for the test team to have a ‘playtime’ version by August or so, really I’m getting the basic UI / RX working so I can add support for the ANAN transceivers. For transceiver support I really have to get the latency way down, as low as possible and also get the software nice and usable.

I’m hoping to have a 60m USB QSO before the end of Q3 2015, once I get to this stage I’ll be able to work out more timescales.

Simon Brown G4ELI
http://v2.sdr-radio.com