A new challenge or positive possibility for SDR ?

josephrot

On the road again, but had this drop into the email bucket...

...a possibly new challenge or positive possibility for SDR....:

Initial Blurb: <<  Columbia engineering researchers create what many believe to be a game changing technology

Columbia Engineering researchers have invented and demonstrated full-duplex radio integrated circuits — they are capable of implementation in nanoscale CMOS and allow for the simultaneous transmission and reception of data at the same frequency in a wireless radio.

"This is a game-changer," says Electrical Engineering Associate Professor Harish Krishnaswamy. "By leveraging our new technology, networks can effectively double the frequency spectrum resources available for devices like smartphones and tablets."

Article URL:
http://www.electronicproducts.com/Multimedia/Telecom/Breakthrough_technology_doubles_radio_frequency_data_capacity_could_help_industry_avoid_Big_Data_crash.aspx

Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

vincent

Joe
Were do you find all of this? You are quite resourceful!e

josephrot

RE: << --In sdr-radio-com@..., <altectogo@...> wrote

Were do you find all of this? You are quite resourceful!e  >>

Depends...some of it is from being in an industry that takes me to universities, labs, occasionally to OEM's labs and campus research, occasionally travel to national labs, etc.

Some of the best info simply falls into my email box, some attracted by news search tools that are running, other comes from my travels where I get the OK to pass information on, etc.

Sometimes talks with fellow researchers, writers and publishers. Gadz, meaning a LOT of Skype and other vid-conferencing.

Not much "cloak and dagger" affairs or bribes, really...much comes from being in a right place at a right time.

Grin, then there's the occasional travel with pizza provided lunches, and...

...but then, if I told you everything, I would have to kill myself, then eat the evidence and swallow it. Believe me, that's a hard process.

Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

Simon Brown

I use Google Alerts. Works very well.

Simon Brown G4ELI
http://v2.sdr-radio.com

Were do you find all of this? You are quite resourceful!e

josephrot

RE: Simon <<

---In sdr-radio-com@..., <simon@...> wrote :

I use Google Alerts. Works very well. >>

Yes, indeed...Google Alerts is one of the news sources / conglomeration units that the news search tools I use covers -- in addition to about 32 others currently on my "pull list"...

Depending on settings, Google Alerts need to be "massaged" at times to reduce the "fluff" by extracting in this case only SIR-relevant information, but it (Google Alerts) is a valuable news pool to monitor.

Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

vincent

keep the information coming. very interesting stuff you share. have a good day.

vincent