Build 379

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Am testing 379 with Terry - if doesn't collapse will post in a few hours.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

nir_4x6fk

Hi Simmon,

Any news regarding UDXF Utility ferq. support?

73's
Nir 4X6FK

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

Am testing 379 with Terry - if doesn't collapse will post in a few hours.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

Jim Miles <jmiles56@...>

This would be a great addition! A scan function
Along with it would be nice also. I've been manually
Entering utility frequencies in memory but would be nice
To load the list and scan through a group would make things
Easier.

Jim

Jim's iPhone 3GS

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., "Simon HB9DRV" wrote:

> Am testing 379 with Terry - if doesn't collapse will post in a few hours.
>

> Simon Brown, HB9DRV
>
> http://sdr-radio.com

joni_ellen <no_spam@...>

So.....
I get the latest Console and start installing it in my old Dell laptop with XPsp3.

While starting to install, the SDR-IQ all of the sudden dies! The red overload light comes on and the yellow 'pulse' light quits pulsing. (A hardware problem... Not a Console problem!)

Trying a number of workarounds to get the SDR-IQ going again (long story) I plug the SDR-IQ directly into the laptop rather than the USB expander box and it comes back alive. Well that is great! (read more later)

I launch Simon's new software and it works great 'right out of the box'. No problems with lock-up or freeze. Everything works and looks good. After fooling around with the refresh rates and some of the nerdier settings in the software the CPU load consistently is running less than 20%. Sync AM audio sounds really great.... and that's coming out of my lap top speakers!

Adjustable waterfall refresh rate is super... audio buffer adjustment and latency are more than acceptable for me. Selectable S meter is wonderful. Haven't had a chance to try digital but the CW filtering and adjustment at first glance seems to be as good if not better than my FT-950. Audio spectrum window really helps with narrowing the filter.

Only problems I see with a fairly brief session are:
1. It still need a knob! ;-) Tuning seems a bit clunky to me from a human interface point of view.

2. The font in the center of the audio spectrum window doesn't scale properly and overlaps itself at times. (I'll post a screen shot if you really need it). I think a couple of other screens have this problem too but this is just a minor thing that can be looked at when time permits.

Not too shabby for a pre-Beta Kit! Thanks Simon.

Also loaded the latest HRD too. Gotta keep up to date.

Getting updated software is as much fun as opening presents on Christmas day!

*--------------------------*

NOW about that SDR-IQ problem... As I was powering down the computer I noticed that the pilot light on the USB expander went out when the computer shut off..... Dumb me! Looks like the wall wart that powers the expander had fallen out of the wall socket and the expander just didn't have enough power to run the SDR-IQ.

J*

Bruce Tanner

Just downloaded version 379 to my system. Win 7 - 64 bit with FA-66 USB interface.

I am experiencing an attempt of the software to load but it never completes loading. I get the  little 'I'm loading icon' (small turning circle) which goes continuously. It eventually stops and the console screen goes 'gray' making it unusable and leaves an error message indicating need to shut down.

My first attempt to use the program resulted in actual audio response from a local station without even having the console 'turned on'. Following that, I rebooted my system to see if it would solve the issues. No it did not... in fact after the re-boot I cannot get the console to play at all and the original sound has disappeared as well. I have attempted to reload the program five times now with the same result.

I experienced not of these issues with the prior version "377 beta"... I never tried the version "378 beta."

Bruce
------------------

On 8/11/2010 10:40 AM, joni_ellen wrote:

[...]

I should add that I am using a "Softrock RX Ensemble" (HF version)

bet
---------------.

On 8/11/2010 11:55 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:

[...]

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5358 (20100811) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bruce Tanner

It appears that if I turn on the "Data decoder" prior to starting the radio, it works as expected. Still have poor AM demodulation but can copy AM using SSB. I am now listening to it and as long as I keep the "Data decoder" on it is happy. Without it the issue described earlier persists. I do need to correct part of it: The program appears to load OK but when 'Turned On' shows the 'circling icon' but the radio does not play.

bet
-------------

On 8/11/2010 11:56 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:

[...]

After I get the radio going... I can turn off the "Data decoder" and the console continues to play as expected. Hope all this makes sense and is in some way helpful, Simon.

[...]

Made a fatal error in checking the 'auto start' button. Now it attempts to come on immediately, presents the problem as indicated but I cannot turn off the 'auto start', nor do I have the "Data decode" feature set to on. I attempted to re-install hoping that the 'auto start' would go to default 'off' but apparently the earlier setting is preserved so no luck there.

I will delete and return to the version 377 for now....

Bruce

On 8/11/2010 12:07 PM, Bruce Tanner wrote:

[...]

Hi,

1) Soon you'll be able to use almost any HF radio for this.

2) Screenshot please...

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of joni_ellen