Where to get SDR in USA (California)

n2842j@pacbell.net <mlovrr@...>

Hi All.
I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida. I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,. Which ever is available at this time. Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

davidjmessing

My first SDR was the Elektor for $139.  It has the I Q signals that are fed to a stereo input of a soundcard.  I used the E-Mu 0202 USB  ($95) external sound card which gives you a full 190 kHz bandwidth.  I am still using the soundcard with a RFSpace SDR-IQ.

The Elektor card tunes from bottom end of broadcast to 30 mHz.  A local SWL friend wants to buy it, but sure is dragging his feet.  I placed the board in a metal box with a SO-239 connector.  Would sell it for $120, if he doesn't do something.

I have seen others asking Simon for an Elekor driver for the SDR-Radio Console.  I used in on the G8JCF and Winrad software with great success.

Dave
K0RWM

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:17 AM, n2842j@... <mlovrr@...> wrote:

Hi All.
I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida. I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,. Which ever is available at this time. Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

Ken N9VV <n9vv@...>

List found on http://www.n9vv.com

growing list of QSD (Generation-II) SDR kits

http://www.kb9yig.com/
http://www.genesisradio.com.au/
http://www.nt7v.com/index.html
http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad/
http://www.lazydogengineering.com
http://www.sdr-kits.net/
http://py2wm.qsl.br/SDR/SDRZero-2.html
http://www.qrz.lt/ly1gp/SDR/
http://www.rfsystem.it/shop/
http://www.comsistel.com/Ciao%20Radio.htm
http://www.nti-online.de/edirabox.htm
http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html UHF SDR
http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/
http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr
http://www.iw3aut.altervista.org/
http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/mobo43/

GL de Ken N9VV

On 5/5/2010 7:17 AM, n2842j@... wrote:
Hi All.
I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida.
I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,.

Which ever is available at this time.

Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

vbifyz

I've got Softrock v9.0 +xtall from KB9YIG (http://www.kb9yig.com/).
It is an amazing value at $56 plus shipping, although you have to check the site often to catch it when it is available.

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., "n2842j@..." <mlovrr@...> wrote:

Hi All.
I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida. I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,. Which ever is available at this time. Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

davidjmessing

I have an Elektor that covered 500 kHz to 30 mHz for $125.
With that unit providing I Q output via a 1/8" stereo jack an audio card with 190 kHz sampling with stereo input is needed.  Now that I am using the RFSPACE SDR-IQ all that comes in via the USB.
Dave
K0RWM

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:17 AM, n2842j@... <mlovrr@...> wrote:

Hi All.
I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida. I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,. Which ever is available at this time. Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

Geoffrey Barnett <mlovrr@...>

Hello, David.
Maybe I misunderstood your comment? Were you saying that you have anElektor for sale @ 125? If you do, I would like it,but, (there is always a "BUT") I am on social security, or maybe it is social insecurity, so  The money is available in the second week of june. If you can do this, I would definitly take that lil dude off your hands, Happily.
Geoff N7OAK

--
N7OAK

davidjmessing

Hi Geoff,

In the meantime, a local guy is showing interest and I will be seeing him this evening.  He is searching for a computer to make it happen.    Will let you know how that comes out.  The June date is no problem.

Do you know Geoff you will also need a sound card with a stereo input?  If the stereo sound card highest sample rate is 48 kHz, the widest bandwidth you will see at one time will be the same.  I purchased the E-Mu 0202 soundcard for under a hundred dollars, it is an external USB card.  It will sample 190 kHz.

I have some photos of it on Google photos if you can contact me off line.

Dave
K0RWM