Waterfall and audio out of sync

vbifyz

Simon, first I thank you for the great software you are writing. I've been using HDR for about a year to control my FT-817.
I still use Winrad as my primary software with my Softrock v9+xtall, because it has more signal-related knobs and feels more responsive and polished.
But the ability to connect to remote radios is just amazing. I'm going to put mine online as soon as I get a dedicated computer for it (right now I'm using my work laptop). My QTH is a bit noisy, but early morning PDT hours (10-15UTC) are good for monitoring the Pacific area.

The issue I noticed while connecting to remote servers: the audio may be up to 3-4s late compared to the waterfall. The delay seems to be variable and accumulates when the connection quality isn't good (drops in the audio).
This may be considered a "feature", because it gives you some time to jump to the new signal on the waterfall and still hear it from the beginning of the transmission, but the variation doesn't let you use it consistently.

73,
Misha

Andy obrien <k3ukandy@...>

The issue I noticed while connecting to remote servers: the audio may be up to 3-4s late compared to the waterfall. The delay seems to be variable and accumulates when the connection quality isn't good (drops in the audio).
This may be considered a "feature", because it gives you some time to jump to the new signal on the waterfall and still hear it from the beginning of the transmission, but the variation doesn't let you use it consistently.

Is it just my imagination, shear coincidence, or is the latency longer with the new version?

Andy