Topics

3.0.17 and External Radio

@DG7YEO

Edited

Have 2 Items when using External Radio setup for QO-100

- How should the +/- Settings work?
I have setup the up-converter offset to 10057.500.000 as I use a SG-Labtransverter with 432MHz ZF.
When I use +/- eachtime I press PTT on TRX the used value is added/removed to the RX QRG. As example I set +/- to +600Hz and RX 10489.760.000 TX 432.260.000 when I press PTT first time RX is changed to 10489.760.600, next time I press PTT it is changed to 761.200, press again RX moved to 761.800 and so on. Is this correct ?? I expected that this is to correct a small shift between RX and TX like a RIT/Clarifier.

With up-converter offset to 10057.500.000 the TX QRG is between 400 - 600 Hz below the RX QRG, belongs on Wether and time Transverter is running, as the Transverter is outside. Goal is to have the QRG during RX on the external Radio always show the similar value on the KHZ/HZ digits than on the SDR RX panel. So the 100KHz digit on external Radio is always -5 of 100KHz of the SDR-C RX pannel and the 10,1KHZ and HZ digits match exactly. This result in fast and easy way for me to make sure that I TX on same QRG I RX. Before 3.0.17 I solved this by set the RIT on the TRX to shift this 400 - 600 Hz. With 3.0.17 this won't work anymore as the SDR RX QRG would be changed by the RIT value and I can't controll my own TX signal very well. So I tried to use the +/- settings in the External Radio section an end up in the behaviour described above.
I now just changed the up-converter offset to a value both are in sync, but during RX the digits of the External Radio and RX QRG don't match in a way to easily verify all is OK.

- transmit options mute, reduce gain, ..

Would it possible to add a option to reduce the Volume while TX with external Radio like it could be one on the TX DSP Pannel?

vy73
Elmar
DG7YEO

Please add a screenshot showing the +/- settings as I don’t know what you’re referring to. A screenshot is worth a thousand words, it shows me what you are doing. I don’t see any need for a +/- setting, that’s why I am confused.

[...]

Will try to explain with Pictures

Set offset as it was calculated

You see TX/RX QRG match as described in first post, fixed offset is 0 but when transmit my Signal don't match exact the RX QRG, there are about 400-600Hz shift.
As this shift is not stable over time I tried to solve this by setting Fixed Offset to a value that TX and RX QRG match.

Here in the Sample to -500Hz, no TX jet so TX/RX QRG still shown correct as x61.800 for both.

Now I press PTT first time

You see that the RX QRG is now 500Hz lower than the TX QRG, now I press the PTT a second time:

Now the RX QRG is reduced again by 500Hz, so it is now 1KHz below the orgonal used x61.800, as well the TX QRG was reduced by 500Hz.
Letzt press PTT again:

You see RX and TX was again reduced by 500Hz now the RX is 1,5KHz and the TX 1KHz below the original selected x61.800.
I can go on like this, when setting a value for the Fixed Offset first time press the PTT on external Radio only RX QRG is changed by selected value, here -500Hz, each additional time pressing PTT on external Radio TX and RX QRG are changed by selected value.

I thought the fixed offset should work like a RIT/XIT/Clatifier to fix a small offset between RX and TX which may not stable enough to just calculate it into the up-converter offset setting.
As my offset is stable when devices are running a while I calculated this now into the up-converter offset so don't need that anymore but I believe the Fixed Offset shouldn't work that way it currently do.

Setting offset like above fixed this for me now even this cause that TX and RX don't match with the KHz/Hz digits anymore in a way I can easily check all is correct with just a short view on the QRGs and no need of calculation.
Hope this make it more clear now.

vy73
Elmar
DG7YEO

Please do NOT cut out parts of the screenshot! There is important information I need to see, so

  • Start again
  • Include the complete image, not just the parts you think are important.
  • Include images as attachments.

This saves me trying to guess what else you are doing.