Topics

Pluto on a server - not being able to TX - Proxys #pluto

Neil Howard

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything, so ...
I am using QO-100 using SDR-Console & a PlutoSDR
I travel a lot and I can connect to the (Windows 7) PC that it is connected to via a VPN, and I use VNC to operate the remote PC. I can use it like I am there & I can TX digimode & sstv etc. , simply by running the programs on the remote PC - Voice is more difficult as I need to use a separate Windows program to send & receive the audio, and it is not very practical..
So I have two Questions...

1) Running SDR-Console server on the remote PC - This works for receiving, but I run the Pluto in duplex mode, and I can't seem to work out how to allow TX via the server :(  Is it possible and am I missing something?

2) I can use a USB OTG cable to connect the Pluto directly to the local network ( so it is not connected to a PC at all) and I can connect to it and TX etc. from any PC running SDR-Console - BUT!!!! It is on (for example)  IP:192.168.1.XXX , when I am remote & running my VPN it is a different network ip:25.54.XXX.XXX , thus I can't "see" it -  I could easily set up a proxy to the (now) remote network, but I can see how a proxy can be set in SDR-console when connecting to a "network" SDR.??   Again am I missing something? Any ideas accepted :)

Thanks
Neil
M0KNC

Simon Brown

Neil,

https://www.sdr-radio.com/Software/Version3/ServerNote: Transmit support using the V3 server is not currently planned.

It’s probably quite easy, but I just don’t fancy doing it in 2019.

[...]

No worries Simon :)  It is such a HUGE project as it stands, and I am amazed at the functionality you HAVE made work !
See I did miss something though LOL -

So working out how to get a proxy in between SDR-Console and the "network" SDR  will be the solution....
I actually run Hamachi on all my servers, so if I can work out how to run Hamachi on the built in linux on the Pluto may be the path..

May be a project :)
Neil
M0KNC

jdow

Sidestep the VPN issue and use Logmein?
{o.o}

On 20191103 03:19:35, Neil Howard wrote:
[...]

Pardon me - I meant Teamviewer. It's free.
{^_-}

[...]

Edited

LOL - No!  _ Use VNC  now and separate audio for the same effect ... I would not trust "team viewer" with my privacy as far as I can throw them ( and I WOULD throw them) - Think about why you would need to log into a 3rd party site with your password etc. every time you want to make a connection ??? why?  log in to them then they make the "private" connection for you??   :)
Thanks for the suggestion though.. read below, and you will see I found a way  ;)

jdow

They are a way to punch through firewalls, particularly NAT firewalls, (relatively) safely. That means you can reach machines that are otherwise unreachable on the Internet.

Multiple services use the same trickery. But packets get routed through their machines so....

{^_^}

On 20191109 08:29:12, Neil Howard wrote:
LOL - No!  _ Use VNC  now and separate audio for the same effect ... I would not trust "team viewer" with my privacy as far as I can throw them ( and I WOULD throw them) - Think about why you would need to log into a 3rd party site with your password etc. every time you want to make a connection ??? why?  log in to them then they make the "private" connection for you??   :)
Thanks for the suggest though.. read below, and you will see I found a way  ;)