Topics

3.0.12 Released - Bugreport: SDR MK1.5 stops working after a few minutes

df6dbf@...

Hello Simon, hello Groupmembers.
i think there is a Bug in 3.0.12. Have here an SDR MK1.5 RX from Satrian. After a few minutes the receiver stopps working and hangs up. I can't reach him via my Network with Ping-Command. Tryed dynamic and fixed IP. Also different Platforms (Windows 7 32 Bit, Windows 10 64 Bit) and different Bandwiths, checking Power Supply as well. Going back to v3.0.11 and everything is working fine. Has anyone the same issues?

73s Holger, DF6DBF

andrus_aaslaid

I think it is not a sdr-radio but MK1.5 firmware. It is a known problem in v1.9x and earlier and was related to bug in uIP network stack.

You need also to download Atmel FLIP utility to upgrade the firmware inside radio, see the attached application note.

Sorry for not sending the update around sooner - I only resurrected a project few weeks ago and published the 1.99h couple of days ago. More to follow, as actually the current latest development version for the firmware is v3.1!

Regards,

Andrus.

--
Andrus Aaslaid
Tel: +372 50 28018

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 10:04, <df6dbf@...> wrote:
Hello Simon, hello Groupmembers.
i think there is a Bug in 3.0.12. Have here an SDR MK1.5 RX from Satrian. After a few minutes the receiver stopps working and hangs up. I can't reach him via my Network with Ping-Command. Tryed dynamic and fixed IP. Also different Platforms (Windows 7 32 Bit, Windows 10 64 Bit) and different Bandwiths, checking Power Supply as well. Going back to v3.0.11 and everything is working fine. Has anyone the same issues?

73s Holger, DF6DBF

df6dbf@...

Nice to hear from you Andrus and thanks for the quick answer! :)
I like the MK1.5 RX very much and hope this nice project is going on!

73s Holger

andrus_aaslaid

Missed the comment initially that it works with 3.0.11.
The uIP bug manifests itself when there are some specific UDP messages flying around. May be the 0.12 does something what makes these messages to appear in network...

Andrus.

--
Andrus Aaslaid
Tel: +372 50 28018

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 10:25, andrus_aaslaid via Groups.Io <andrus.aaslaid=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Allan Isaacs

Not sure how to check my firmware version Andrus.

I’m running my SDR from its network connection with power from a USB3 connector on a remote computer in standby mode..

Using Simon’s version 3.0.10 build 1545 from a second computer on the network it works perfectly.

I copied the document SDR_MK15_AN-001_10.pdf

I found the FLIP program here.

 https://www.microchip.com/developmenttools/ProductDetails/flip

downloaded

JRE-Flip Installer 3.4.7.112.exe and installed this

I can see the list of files here

https://github.com/satrian/sdr-mk15/tree/b71a681a078cef5356a85bec2be3d1827195fca7/SDR_MK1.5

SDR_MK1.5.hex is present

How do I download this?

I opened the RAW file and copied and pasted it to an empty .txt file then renamed it SDR_MK1.5.hex

Is this correct?

Allan G3PIY

[...]

_._,_._,_

andrus_aaslaid

You can check the version over the terminal at usb serial on the radio.

However, it is certainly not the 1.99h as I never made it public before. Would be interesting to know what version you are running, so you can go back to this one if 1.99h does something unexpected.

The latest .hex was also attached to the email, as it is a bit tricky to download indeed

Andrus.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019, 12:04 Allan Isaacs <allan@...> wrote:

[...]

I changed to 1.99h (build date 10 Aug 2019. I think  its better now but the issue is not finally cured. Now i can run SDR-Console abt an hour till the SDR stopps working. Changed to SDR-Radio v3.0.11 again.

73s Holger

Allan Isaacs

How, exactly do I read the firmware version?

Allan

You can check the version over the terminal at usb serial on the radio.

However, it is certainly not the 1.99h as I never made it public before. Would be interesting to know what version you are running, so you can go back to this one if 1.99h does something unexpected.

The latest .hex was also attached to the email, as it is a bit tricky to download indeed

Andrus.

andrus_aaslaid

Aah ... you cant!

The information screen has all BUT firmware revision. So the only thing really able to visualize it is the ExtIO DLL at HDSDR.

Andrus.

--
Andrus Aaslaid
Tel: +372 50 28018

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 17:40, Allan Isaacs <allan@...> wrote:

How, exactly do I read the firmware version?

Allan

You can check the version over the terminal at usb serial on the radio.

However, it is certainly not the 1.99h as I never made it public before. Would be interesting to know what version you are running, so you can go back to this one if 1.99h does something unexpected.

The latest .hex was also attached to the email, as it is a bit tricky to download indeed

Andrus.

df6dbf@...

Hello Folks, hello Andrus,
i have updated my SDR MK1.5 to v1.99h. Its better now but now cured complety. :(
Receiving works now over an hour and more and then the SDR stops sending the UDP-Packets. Its difficult to examine, i have also changed my Router to Fritzbox 7590 so i have changed more than one Parameter.

Installing SDR-Console on a fresh installed Windows 7 home Laptop shows the same behaviour.

73s Holger, DF6DBF

Allan Isaacs

Can you tell me how to see what version I have in my Andrus Mk1.5 Holger.

Is there a way to check the version number?

Mine works perfectly. I power it remotely on my Ethernet with Simon’s software running on my i5 Windows 7 x64

Power comes from a USB cable connected to a remote computer in stand by

73 Allan G3PIY