Siegfried Jackstien

change scale to dbuv so we see positive numbers PLEASE

dg9bfc sigi

Am 18.09.2019 um 14:07 schrieb Simon Brown:

Like this?

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe F. KC8RKL
Sent: 18 September 2019 13:58
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] S Meter

Hello Simon-

Perhaps these have been suggested previously, if so I'm also in favor:

1) A scrolling horizontal or vertical (configurable, optional) multicolor ribbon representing signal strength over time (configurable length of time). This could be either integral with the S-meter (top/bottom/right/left) or an optional separate resizeble window.
2) A histogram or X-Y plot of signal strength vs. time (configurable length of time). This could be an optional resizable window.

Both of the above might either clear and re-paint with a 'large' change of frequency or possibly continue plotting for 'small' frequency tweaks (optional setting).

Don't know how well received or how feasible these are, but we can daydream, can't we?

73,

Joe F. KC8RKL

p.s. My vote was for analog

Simon Brown

Like this?

Perhaps these have been suggested previously, if so I'm also in favor:

1) A scrolling horizontal or vertical (configurable, optional) multicolor ribbon representing signal strength over time (configurable length of time). This could be either integral with the S-meter (top/bottom/right/left) or an optional separate resizeble window.
2) A histogram or X-Y plot of signal strength vs. time (configurable length of time). This could be an optional resizable window.

Both of the above might either clear and re-paint with a 'large' change of frequency or possibly continue plotting for 'small' frequency tweaks (optional setting).

Don't know how well received or how feasible these are, but we can daydream, can't we?

73,

Joe F. KC8RKL

p.s. My vote was for analog

Siegfried Jackstien

we have signal history .... that IS a horizontal moving chart showing signal over time

you can export that data as csv file (and draw a chart in excel/calc/whateversoft)

only thing what i would like is ... signal history should have SAME SCALE as the s-meter

if i export signal it is values below zero (dbm) ... i can better work with positive values (dbuv) ...

so ... simon ... can you change the signal history (and export) that it shows same scale as the signal meter or make it configurable in the export options setting to show dbm or dbuv???

either synced with the signal meter (show same scale and also export those numbers) .... or a config box in the export options setting where you can select if you wanna export dbuv or dbm value

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 18.09.2019 um 12:57 schrieb Joe F. KC8RKL:

[...]

Nicholas Shaxted

Based on many years work designing, ahem, “commercial” displays I would expect NOT to see any Purple or Lime Green used in the colouring scheme.

A large amount of Full White is also distracting and tiring.

Nature’s colours and restraint being the order of the day and prioritizing through colour the items you wish to be displayed.

Obviously font choice is another matter.

Nick – g4ogi