PTT output from USB / RS232 and TIT

Adrian G4UVZ <adrianwhatmore248@...>

Quick question....probably a long answer!

I am using the program with my Lime to work through Oscar 100..but am running out of fingers !

Is there an option to key the main amplifier via a USB / RS232 automatically when TX is selected on the screen.

Secondly I may  be missing something, but even after syncing the rx using the WB beacon ...the rx is about 4KHz away from the notional frequency ...so netting is not straight forward ..requiring mental arithmetic !..is there a TIT   Transmit Incremental Tuning to address this issue..G4UVZ

Siegfried Jackstien

Am 02.07.2019 um 17:50 schrieb Adrian G4UVZ via Groups.Io:
Quick question....probably a long answer!

I am using the program with my Lime to work through Oscar 100..but am running out of fingers !

Is there an option to key the main amplifier via a USB / RS232 automatically when TX is selected on the screen.

yes ... buy a usb relay board on aliexpress or amazon or evilbay or .....

simon supports usb relay ... so with that you can swithc on and off your amp (or if needed switch a coax relay)

Secondly I may  be missing something, but even after syncing the rx using the WB beacon ...the rx is about 4KHz away from the notional frequency ...so netting is not straight forward ..requiring mental arithmetic !..is there a TIT   Transmit Incremental Tuning to address this issue..G4UVZ

IF YOUR RECEIVER IS SET WELL AND ALSO YOUR TRANSMITTER THEN THERE IS NO NEED FOR RIT OR XIT!!!

if you sync with the beacon ... then tx and rx should be transceive ... if not ... then you have to finetune the lime ...

i own a pluto so can not help with alignment of your lime .... but ... when you change the tuning of tx ... (software correction of ppm value) then it tunes also rx clock .... so you have to wait after a change till the beacon again has locked and synced the tx to rx

i can receive duplex and i just turn the tun9ing till i receive my own voice with NO OFFSET ...

did you make all settings right?? (example the tx offset of 8089.5megs)???

if yes ... then it MUST be the ppm correction of your lime

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Adrian G4UVZ <adrianwhatmore248@...>

Thanks for the info on the USB relay board  I have ordered one!

Regarding the offset When I lock to the wideband beacon I see an indicated offset of around 4KHz, on the lower lock screen  which seems to tie in with difference between transmitted and expected receive frequency

Adrian

Siegfried Jackstien

did you engage BOTH button in the beacon lock window??

first starts the beacon receive but second is also needed (play button) to let also the beacon lock WORK

maybe thats the fault??

greetz sigi dg9bfc