Windows 1809 Warning

Simon Brown

So,

Windows just updated one of my machines and removed the NVIDIA driver. So if you install 1809 (you may have no choice) and the videos goes wonky and you have a GPU then check the GPU’s drivers.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Henry

Strange. I am using Windows 10 pro 1809 Build 17763.379 since Oct. 4th, 2018.
No update ever removed the NVIDIA drivers.
73s, Henry

David J Taylor

So,

Windows just updated one of my machines and removed the NVIDIA driver. So if you install 1809 (you may have no choice) and the videos goes wonky and you have a GPU then check the GPU’s drivers.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Simon,

Like Henry, the NVIDIA driver hasn't been removed by any of the Windows updates, including 1809. The driver is shown as NVIDIA 27/10/2017 23.12.13.8813 on the properties page (although there are quite a few files listed).

Delighted to see your Web site now at a good speed - I suggested Peter might check it out....

73,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Joe Puma

1809 was cleared for all trouble and allowed for business since last week. It did have its growing pains since release but I haven’t heard it messing with Nvidia drivers. I’m in IT so I’ve been rolling this update out since oct. well we held off for a bit.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Mar 31, 2019, at 9:02 AM, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Well,

Combination of factors.

  • Monitor was off when update was applied, doesn’t help.
  • GeForce Experience updates were disabled.

The update should have applied a new Microsoft video driver, then the current NVIDIA driver, but as I had disabled NVIDIA updates for the last year (no idea why) the driver couldn’t be applied. Also, not having NVIDIA driver updates enabled stopped the whole logic from grabbing a new driver.

Anyway, it’s really humming.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.sdr-radio.com

1809 was cleared for all trouble and allowed for business since last week.   It did have its growing pains since release but I haven’t heard it messing with Nvidia drivers. I’m in IT so I’ve been rolling this update out since oct. well we held off for a bit.

Joe

KD2NFC

Giuseppe Petrolati

This append to me few times  on previous upgradings to some of the  app.s installed on my PC.
Giuseppe

Il giorno dom 31 mar 2019 alle ore 12:00 Simon Brown <simon@...> ha scritto:

So,

Windows just updated one of my machines and removed the NVIDIA driver. So if you install 1809 (you may have no choice) and the videos goes wonky and you have a GPU then check the GPU’s drivers.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

doug

On 04/01/2019 02:56 PM, Giuseppe Petrolati wrote:
This append to me few times  on previous upgradings to some of the  app.s installed on my PC.
Giuseppe

Il giorno dom 31 mar 2019 alle ore 12:00 Simon Brown <simon@...> ha scritto:

So,

Windows just updated one of my machines and removed the NVIDIA driver. So if you install 1809 (you may have no choice) and the videos goes wonky and you have a GPU then check the GPU’s drivers.

Q: How do you check the GPU drivers? And can you put the NVIDIA drivers back, and  if so, how?
(Not a Windows man, but i do have it for one or two special apps.)

Thanx--doug

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

M0ZEH <m0zeh@...>

Just go to the Nvidia site and download latest driver.  I did this as my driver was well out of date

Thanks for the headsup Simon.
Steve m0zeh