#limesdr no TX #limesdr

Gerhard, OE3GBB

Hello,
I am using a Lime-SDR USB with latest FW and Console 3.0.5.
RX window is working fine and TX window is also working, but TX button is not active.
I can change the modes and set audio, but TX button has no function.
Have set the TX antenne to band 1. and BW is 3.072. What is missing?
Regards
Gerhard OE3GBB

Michael Durkin

Go to rhe radio aelection pane

Look for the samplerate ..

Look at end of samplerates with "tx"

Those will enable TX

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019, 10:05 AM <gerhard@...> wrote:
Hello,
I am using a Lime-SDR USB with latest FW and Console 3.0.5.
RX window is working fine and TX window is also working, but TX button is not active.
I can change the modes and set audio, but TX button has no function.
Have set the TX antenne to band 1. and BW is 3.072. What is missing?
Regards
Gerhard OE3GBB

Gerhard, OE3GBB

Well, that is what I did, but it doen't work with any of those (TX) frequencies. Any other reason?
Gerhard

Stu C <stu@...>

Screenshot?

On 10/03/2019 17:38, gerhard@... wrote:
Well, that is what I did, but it doen't work with any of those (TX) frequencies. Any other reason?
Gerhard

Gerhard, OE3GBB

Screenshot

Gerhard, OE3GBB

Just tested the new V 3.0.6, but still the same problem.
When I move the mouse over the TX, Tone or Tune, ... buttons, the borderline doen't get blue and a click doesn't work.
What's the problem with my setup? SDR-Angel does TX without a problem.
Gerhard Oe3GBB

Gerhard, OE3GBB

PS: same problem with my LimeSDR mini.

Gerhard, OE3GBB

Meanwhile I tried an installation on a different PC - same result.

Klaus Hutschenreuther <klaus.hutschenreuther@...>

Hi,

have you selected a bandwidth with TX-support?

(menu Home/Bandwidth/ for example bandwidth 750kHz (TX).

Von: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] Im Auftrag von gerhard@...
Gesendet: Montag, 11. März 2019 17:08
An: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [SDR-Radio] #limesdr no TX

Meanwhile I tried an installation on a different PC - same result.

Gerhard, OE3GBB

Yes, I did. It's really curious, because the hardware operates fine with SDR-Angel under Windows 7, and I have identical problem with LimeSDR USB and LimeSDR Mini.

Chris

Hi,
first let me thank Simon for his great continous work on his sofware.
My finding on TX since I started yesterday with my Lime-Mini on USB2.
Version 3.05 works so far (had some strange behaviour on drive setting)
Even after removing old version and starting with fresh installation I have the following behaviour:
After starting the program sometimes there is already a TX Signal <1mW somewhere.
Pushing the TX button first time in FM there are about 30mW out on RX frequency +250kHz. (2m FM). Drive setting works fine.
Pushing a second time only <1mW on RX frequency +250kHz. (even in SSB)
Concerning the TX frequency there is no difference between Simplex an Duplex, always RX+250kHz - maybe a user roblem..
Always after trying TX-Calib the output goes high for a second and then to zero. Only Software Restart helps to get some power back.
Toggling RX TX some times leads in a not responding programm, which I have to close by taskmanager. (Lime keeps sending)
I only can select 750kHz for TX (no more 3MHz, but that's fine for my old machine)

I'm using
Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit on
i5-2520M CPU @ 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, SSD
Lime SDR Mini connected to USB2

73, Chris

robert best

Hi,

"Now using offset tuning in TX, offset is 250kHz so the signal is sent 250kHz below the center and the TX LO is shifted up 250kHz." - I'm lost?

73 Robert

Siegfried Jackstien

first set rx offset (9.75 gig)

then tune to 10.489,6to 8 in rx (only when you TUNE to the 10,489 it works!)

set tx offset to 8089.5

now click on sync and bot should show 10,489 ... (and the tx sends in 2.4 cause the 8.089 are substracted fro the rx qrg)

the tx field does not show 2,4 but 10.4 (your virtual frequency where others receive you FROM the sat)

hth

dg9bfc sigi

Am 19.03.2019 um 16:39 schrieb robert best via Groups.Io:

Hi,

"Now using offset tuning in TX, offset is 250kHz so the signal is sent 250kHz below the center and the TX LO is shifted up 250kHz." - I'm lost?

73 Robert

robert best

Hi Siegfried,

I am using the RX and TX offsets as you have described.

The confusion on my part was perhaps not understanding that the note is just an example. - "Now using offset tuning in TX, offset is 250kHz so the signal is sent 250kHz below the center and the TX LO is shifted up 250kHz." 

I thought that there was something more significant about the value of 250 kHz but perhaps there isn't?

Robert

Siegfried Jackstien

you have only engaged sync mode ... but not sync frequency (if i have seen your screenshot correct) and your tx and rx do not show same frequency

dg9bfc sigi

Am 19.03.2019 um 21:57 schrieb robert best via Groups.Io:

Hi Siegfried,

I am using the RX and TX offsets as you have described.

The confusion on my part was perhaps not understanding that the note is just an example. - "Now using offset tuning in TX, offset is 250kHz so the signal is sent 250kHz below the center and the TX LO is shifted up 250kHz." 

I thought that there was something more significant about the value of 250 kHz but perhaps there isn't?

Robert