CTCSS ENCODE #sdrconsolev3 #sdrconsole

Don Russ

I just got SDR console working with my PLUTOs and made few across the room contacts on 2M, 220, 440, 903, 1296, 2.5G, 3G and 5G!

I would like to try hitting a few local repeaters but they have CTCSS tones systems.  Is there any way to produce CTCSS signals on transmit for SDR-Console?

DCS would also be useful because it is used on one of the systems.

Thanks,

Don

Siegfried Jackstien

i anly have an idea for a workaround

there are a dozen "tonegenerator" soft in the net (also double tone for imd measurement of a tx but thats another story)

take one that can produce that magical low tone and mix it to your transmit audio

greetz

sigi dg9bfc

Am 02.02.2019 um 18:11 schrieb Big Don:

I just got SDR console working with my PLUTOs and made few across the room contacts on 2M, 220, 440, 903, 1296, 2.5G, 3G and 5G!

I would like to try hitting a few local repeaters but they have CTCSS tones systems.  Is there any way to produce CTCSS signals on transmit for SDR-Console?

DCS would also be useful because it is used on one of the systems.

Thanks,

Don

wageners@...

Hi Don,

what microphone are you using with the pluto?

Stefan

Alan Melia

Hi Sigi that can work after a fashion but it has the age-old problem you must under modulate with voice. If you hit the clipper with peaks it will strip off the CTCSS tone dropping you out of the repeater receiver.
Alan
G3NYK

there are a dozen "tonegenerator" soft in the net (also double tone for imd measurement of a tx but thats another story)

take one that can produce that magical low tone and mix it to your transmit audio

greetz

sigi dg9bfc

Am 02.02.2019 um 18:11 schrieb Big Don:
I just got SDR console working with my PLUTOs and made few across the room contacts on 2M, 220, 440, 903, 1296, 2.5G, 3G and 5G!

I would like to try hitting a few local repeaters but they have CTCSS tones systems.  Is there any way to produce CTCSS signals on transmit for SDR-Console?

DCS would also be useful because it is used on one of the systems.

Thanks,

Don

Don Russ

I see that there is a tone generator built into the software but it is fixed frequencies and can't be mixed with the TX audio. This could be modified to generate CTCSS tones.

I may add CTCSS for 3.0.6, is very easy to do.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com