Doppler control for uplink

Kelly Ellison <wb0wqs@...>

Hello all.
I am using sdr-console with a rsp-1a and it is working great.  Can anyone tell me how to change the up-link frequency with SDR Satellite program so it will
track with the down-link frequency? If I start out the pass calling cq.. and track my down-link signal.. it works great. but if I try and answer a cq on a different frequency
I can't move to the correct up-link frequency without the transmitter going back to the original frequency. Is there a trick?  thank you..I have made many contacts on the linear birds.
73 - WB0WQS - Kelly Ellison

wageners@...

What radio are you using for uplink and how is it configured within SDR-Console?

WB0WQS <WB0WQS@...>

I am using an FT-857d (for up-link) and configured withing SDR-Console Satellite.  I am not expecting the cat to control the FT-857D on transmit, cuz I know it won't. But
It will update the transmit frequency while I am in receive between transmissions. All that is working fine, except if another station is calling cq, how do I track the transmitter the the
up-link frequency? Thank you for responding.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 5:26 PM <wageners@...> wrote:
What radio are you using for uplink and how is it configured within SDR-Console?

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Put your SDRC receiver on the station calling CQ

Cursor to the External Radio control panel sub-pane of the Satellite Pane.

Use your mouse wheel to move your TX frq to approximately the right place (while rx'ing). Make a short tx and see where you are.

Do the same thing several times (dropping tx each time so the 857d can update). Continue to adjust uplink frq until you hear yourself of the CQ station's freq.

Sounds cumbersome, but you get good at it.

I'm using the FT-857d and SDRC just that way, it has now become quite easy to qsy to a station calling cq.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 6:13 PM WB0WQS <WB0WQS@...> wrote:
I am using an FT-857d (for up-link) and configured withing SDR-Console Satellite.  I am not expecting the cat to control the FT-857D on transmit, cuz I know it won't. But
It will update the transmit frequency while I am in receive between transmissions. All that is working fine, except if another station is calling cq, how do I track the transmitter the the
up-link frequency? Thank you for responding.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 5:26 PM <wageners@...> wrote:
What radio are you using for uplink and how is it configured within SDR-Console?

WB0WQS <WB0WQS@...>

Hasan,
I will give this a try.  thank you..

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 8:19 AM Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
[...]

Been awhile.. and I finally picked up your instructions on how to change the frequency on up-link.  I discovered that you can add
more up link tabs to set different frequencies across the band pass. Any other suggestions since the new versions have come out?  SDR Console
gets better all the time.  thank you.