From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown <simon@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:19:43 PM
To: SDR-Radio@groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Es'Hail 2

Dave & Toni Bell

Where are you, Paul? I don’t think Es’Hail-2 will cover North America at all. Closest looks like eastern edge of Brazil.

Dave

On Nov 17, 2018, at 9:44 AM, paul newcombe <G6YZC@...> wrote:

I am really looking forward to trying to rx this sat. My 10ghz dish has a 0.5 degree beamwidth so it will be great practice for aligning the dish and setting the tracking for 10ghz eme.

Paul N2EME

N2EME

I am really looking forward to trying to rx this sat. My 10ghz dish has a 0.5 degree beamwidth so it will be great practice for aligning the dish and setting the tracking for 10ghz eme.

This new amateur transponder will be positioned over the Middle East as it is incorporated in a Qatar satellite.  Except for an area in Eastern Brazil, my understanding is that the satellite’s footprint won’t reach the Americas.

FWIW,

Barry WD4ASW
(Currently in Boston, MA)

Paul N2EME

N2EME

Rr Dave I think you are correct. I am in boston

N2EME

If only you knew someone with a server in the footprint…

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com