Distorted audio after changing frequencies

If the normal speakers are OK and not the Jabra then I don’t think there’s anything I can do for now. Wait for 3.0.4 with new audio logic, we’ll take it from there.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of k6msm@...
Sent: 03 October 2018 16:51
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Distorted audio after changing frequencies

Sorry, I didn't have any earbuds or headphones at the office.

I grabbed some from home and the distortion is gone with them.

So, this confirms that it's the Jabra and the way it interacts with the SDRC favorites.

Let me know if you want me to do anything else to troubleshoot with the Jabra or if you prefer that I live with it on that headset.  Since I have narrowed it down at least I can work around it.

Thanks,

Mike
K6MSM

k6msm@...

Sorry, I didn't have any earbuds or headphones at the office.

I grabbed some from home and the distortion is gone with them.

So, this confirms that it's the Jabra and the way it interacts with the SDRC favorites.

Let me know if you want me to do anything else to troubleshoot with the Jabra or if you prefer that I live with it on that headset.  Since I have narrowed it down at least I can work around it.

Thanks,

Mike
K6MSM

Simon Brown

Mike,

I asked you whether audio was distorted with the default PC speakers.

?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

I should add that this problem only occurs when changing frequencies with the favorites.  If I change it on RX 1 in the upper left, or by clicking on the waterfall, it's fine.  Well, it's fine as long as it's not distorted already.  If it is, clicking on the waterfall or the dial doesn't fix it.  The RBDS decode is good regardless.

Log attached.

Let me find some old style speakers or earbuds to try.

Mike
K6MSM

k6msm@...

Hi Simon,

I should add that this problem only occurs when changing frequencies with the favorites.  If I change it on RX 1 in the upper left, or by clicking on the waterfall, it's fine.  Well, it's fine as long as it's not distorted already.  If it is, clicking on the waterfall or the dial doesn't fix it.  The RBDS decode is good regardless.

Log attached.

Let me find some old style speakers or earbuds to try.

Mike
K6MSM

What happens when you use the normal PC speakers?

Show me the logfile from this PC please.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Ok, I built a new office computer from scratch and still have the same problem.  Since everything else has changed it must be the Jabra headset driver not getting alone with SDR Console.

Do you want to look at this further, Simon?  Or should I just get a new sound system?  Maybe I can try BlueTooth.

Thanks,

Mike
K6MSM

k6msm@...

Ok, I built a new office computer from scratch and still have the same problem.  Since everything else has changed it must be the Jabra headset driver not getting alone with SDR Console.

Do you want to look at this further, Simon?  Or should I just get a new sound system?  Maybe I can try BlueTooth.

Thanks,

Mike
K6MSM

k6msm@...

Attached local SDR cap and log.

Mike
K6MSM

Looking at this now, can reproduce an issue. Looks like it’s inside my own HF+ support code.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com