Simon's World Map

Simon Brown

Hi All,

This week I’ve been writing a small program to learn a few new areas of Direct2D programming, fulfil a need I have for a fancy World Clock and also take a break from the SDR coding. It doesn’t look like much of a program but I have learnt some important Direct2D programming features which is will be used in the future.

If you have a spare monitor / laptop then give it a go.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7502em3w6umqmbw/Simon%27s%20World%20Map%202018-09-07%20%282%29.exe?dl=0

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Gary <gghiggs@...>

Very nice Simon, thanks.

Gary, W5GGH

On 9/7/2018 14:13, Simon Brown wrote:

Hi All,

This week I’ve been writing a small program to learn a few new areas of Direct2D programming, fulfil a need I have for a fancy World Clock and also take a break from the SDR coding. It doesn’t look like much of a program but I have learnt some important Direct2D programming features which is will be used in the future.

If you have a spare monitor / laptop then give it a go.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7502em3w6umqmbw/Simon%27s%20World%20Map%202018-09-07%20%282%29.exe?dl=0

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Les

Thanks Simon. Looks nice on my Linx 10" Win10 64 bit tablet.

Les, G3VYZ

wageners@...

Like it very much!

Already see it with satellites all over and doppler frequency display etc...Hint, Hint,Hint....:-)

73 Stefan, VE4NSA

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 4:06 PM Les <les@...> wrote:
Thanks Simon. Looks nice on my Linx 10" Win10 64 bit tablet.

Les, G3VYZ

Brendan Wahl

That is cool! Runs very well, and it was easy to set up for my QTH. Now to come up with more work for you...

;))

Brendan WA7HL

Simon Brown

Thanks, 😊

It really was a programming exercise - I had to learn a few new concepts and also wanted a clock like this as the commercial offerings are very expensive. A cheap PC + spare monitor and I have almost the same result.

Obviously, I could add a satellite or two, also I want to add station tags, but the important thing for me is that I've worked out a few new tricks with DirectX / Direct2D programming.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

That is cool! Runs very well, and it was easy to set up for my QTH. Now to come up with more work for you...

;))

Brendan WA7HL

Siegfried Jackstien

a sat or two?? ... then add the iss first ... and not forget the moon for eme work :-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 08.09.2018 um 04:41 schrieb Simon Brown:

Thanks, 😊

It really was a programming exercise - I had to learn a few new concepts and also wanted a clock like this as the commercial offerings are very expensive. A cheap PC + spare monitor and I have almost the same result.

Obviously, I could add a satellite or two, also I want to add station tags, but the important thing for me is that I've worked out a few new tricks with DirectX / Direct2D programming.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

That is cool! Runs very well, and it was easy to set up for my QTH. Now to come up with more work for you...

;))

Brendan WA7HL

Simon Brown

Sensible ideas are welcome…