SDRConsole to Radio Sky Spectrograph Interface

Larry Dodd

I have LimeSDR-USB running great on SDRConsole. I also have RSS Radio Sky Spectrograph software running on the same Windows 10 fast computer. I need to send the live SDRConsole data to Radio Sky Spectrograph in order to process the Spectrograph and save it in RSS format. Any ideas, suggestions or help greatly appreciated.
Larry
K4LED

Larry Dodd

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Simon Brown

Ah,

I forgot to answer. There is an interface with RSS which could be supported, but it requires work from me .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Larry Dodd

Simon
Ok that’s great. Background: As one of many NASA volunteers in the RadioJove amateur radio astronomy group we monitor Jupiter, solar and other objects 24/7.  NASA has a contract with UCLA to analyze and archive the volunteer data but it must be in RSS format. We have used Flagg FSX receivers and SDRPlay in the past with RSS but with limitations. The LimeSDR-USB to SDRConsole would be a great upgrade for our 15 to 30 MHz work.  It will also allow even wider bandwidth if necessary if it can be interfaced with RSS. Any help will be greatly appreciated by all. We know your busy with many other projects but hope this could be added to your calendar. You can be extremely proud of SDRConsole. It is a wonderful software.
Thanks.
Larry
K4LED

On Aug 31, 2018, at 12:19 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Ah,

I forgot to answer. There is an interface with RSS which could be supported, but it requires work from me .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Simon Brown

Larry,

Please give me a link to this RSS format.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Simon Brown

OK,

Thinking more about this – I need to know exactly what you want and links to any data formats / interfaces. Provide this info and we’ll see what can be done.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Larry Dodd

Simon
Radio Sky Spectrograph (RSS) is available at
It was written by Jim Sky.  Kh6sky@...

Larry
K4LED

On Aug 31, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Larry,

Please give me a link to this RSS format.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Larry Dodd

Simon
Here is a document outlining the RSS .sps file format.

Larry
K4LED

On Aug 31, 2018, at 8:21 AM, Larry Dodd <101science@...> wrote:

Simon
Radio Sky Spectrograph (RSS) is available at
It was written by Jim Sky.  Kh6sky@...

Larry
K4LED

On Aug 31, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Larry,

Please give me a link to this RSS format.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Simon Brown

Ah,

Thanks. I think RSS really wants me to act as a server, it saves the .sps file from my data. I’ll look at the interface and see how complicated it is.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Larry Dodd

Ok Simon. Appreciate that.
Larry
K4LED

On Aug 31, 2018, at 10:21 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Ah,

Thanks. I think RSS really wants me to act as a server, it saves the .sps file from my data. I’ll look at the interface and see how complicated it is.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this project?
Thanks

Larry Dodd

Simon
With RSS in client mode you can right click on that list and type in an IP address and port number to view the stream there if in the right format.
Larry
K4LED