Is it possible to execute command or generate notification on breaking squelch in a receiver?

Milo Medin (K6CZ)

Hi folks. I am wondering if it would be possible to use a wideband SDR like
a LimeSDR and the multiple receiver capability of the SDR console to
simultaneously listen to a number of HF channels and not just record audio
when squelch is broken but to send a notification or run a script that can
send a notification?

My use case is being able to listen on a set of MARS channels and notify me
on my cell phone when active traffic is detected so I can go to my radio and
work the traffic. This would allow me to effectively monitor the channels
for traffic without having to be in front of the radio or even be listening
to the audio.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Thx

Milo