Screen freezes - broadband noise? #airspyhfplus

Jim T

Hi Simon,

further to my previous comment on screen freezes coinciding with noise splashes, here are a couple of screenshots from this morning.  Both are on 2m the one is looking at a very narrow chunk of spectrum and the other is pretty much max spectrum from the HF+

Both are immediately following a screen freeze.

I can sometimes go for days without the noise splashes and then I get periods like now where they are very frequent.  No pattern to them just random appearances.

This is with the Apr 22 Beta 2 release.
System is:
Win 10 build 16299
i7-6700K CPU running at 4GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX760

Connection is via one of the MoBo USB3 ports

Cheers

Jim
gm4cxf

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Jim,
He'll need the logfile as an attachment more than likely to analyze the problem. Also, send the pixs as an attachments too, so he can see the finer detail of settings, etc.

I'm just saving you and Simon the time between email exchanges. LOL
BTW, he posted earlier that he's working on another project and will be away from SDRC until Monday. So it may be a while before he gets back to you.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Simon Brown

Kriss,

Thanks. Quick question about the freeze – if the whole display stops then it looks like the HF+ has stopped delivering data. Can you stop/start the radio and recover?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com