USRP B2xx bandwidth

Andrew Hobgood

Hello Simon (and fellow enthusiasts) --

After unpacking my shiny new USRP B205mini and setting it up under Windows 10, I was delighted to find it discovered readily by SDR-Console v3.

Currently, however, there appears to be no way to select an IF bandwidth wider than 16MHz in the radio selection dialog.  The "Ettus Research" page on sdr-radio.com has the following note under the To-Do section:

  • Apply the UHD update (when available) to support up to 61MHz bandwidth from the B200.
I'm simply curious if this update is expected soon.  Does the current UHD release have the necessary components or is there something needed from Ettus?  The program and device work together flawlessly otherwise over USB3 (maxing out on USB2 at 8MHz before stuttering).

Thanks!

/Andrew

I need to see the logfile.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

After unpacking my shiny new USRP B205mini and setting it up under Windows 10, I was delighted to find it discovered readily by SDR-Console v3.

Currently, however, there appears to be no way to select an IF bandwidth wider than 16MHz in the radio selection dialog.  The "Ettus Research" page on sdr-radio.com has the following note under the To-Do section:

  • Apply the UHD update (when available) to support up to 61MHz bandwidth from the B200.

I'm simply curious if this update is expected soon.  Does the current UHD release have the necessary components or is there something needed from Ettus?  The program and device work together flawlessly otherwise over USB3 (maxing out on USB2 at 8MHz before stuttering).

Thanks!

/Andrew

Andrew Hobgood

Apologies... logfile attached.  Let me know if you need any screenshots or additional logs.

/Andrew

Simon Brown

Thanks.

The logfile shows everything, am asking Ettus support whether I can use the 56MHz clock rate with the b205 Mini.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com