Stuttering

Jim M0CKE

Video of stuttering and how this is affected by enabling or disabling the VB-Audio virtual cable output in sound recording

Jim M0CKE

Simon Brown

So,

This is an issue with VB Audio? If so there’s little I can do without a logfile.

It really helps me if you only post a screenshot as an attachment and a logfile. Videos can help but I continually ask for a screenshot as it takes only a few seconds for users to add to a posting and it shows me lots of info; when more is needed then the logfile helps.

Please see: http://www.sdr-radio.com/Support

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Video of stuttering and how this is affected by enabling or disabling the VB-Audio virtual cable output in sound recording

Jim M0CKE

Jim M0CKE

Hi Simon

See attached log files, one with the VB-Audio disabled and getting stutter, the other with VB-radio enabled and no stutter

Also screen shot with stutter

Jim M0CKE

On 6 April 2018 at 07:25, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,

This is an issue with VB Audio? If so there’s little I can do without a logfile.

It really helps me if you only post a screenshot as an attachment and a logfile. Videos can help but I continually ask for a screenshot as it takes only a few seconds for users to add to a posting and it shows me lots of info; when more is needed then the logfile helps.

Please see: http://www.sdr-radio.com/Support

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Video of stuttering and how this is affected by enabling or disabling the VB-Audio virtual cable output in sound recording

Jim M0CKE

Jim M0CKE

Ive captured another 2 log files from software startup, one with stutter, the other without

On 6 April 2018 at 07:43, Jim M0CKE <makidoja@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks,

A Clear explanation. Now I know the logfile info I need later.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

No the VB audio driver is a work around .. without the driver installed we have the problem with no way of getting clean, unstuttered audio .. if we install the VB Audio driver and set as shown this gives us a work around for now.

Im trying to assist here with a well known problem. I offered team viewer access so you can log in and see first hand, grab logs if required .. this is all for the development of the software.

I Will read the support file and try to send what you require

Jim M0CKE

Jim M0CKE

No problem pleased to help

Jim

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

A Clear explanation. Now I know the logfile info I need later.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

No the VB audio driver is a work around .. without the driver installed we have the problem with no way of getting clean, unstuttered audio .. if we install the VB Audio driver and set as shown this gives us a work around for now.

Im trying to assist here with a well known problem. I offered team viewer access so you can log in and see first hand, grab logs if required .. this is all for the development of the software.

I Will read the support file and try to send what you require

Jim M0CKE

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Jim,

Can you test my SDRPlay RSP1 server (KA1GJU)? When I access it via the server from my LAN, I also get stuttering. I have 4 other servers within my LAN (AirspyHF+, and SDR-iq's #1 thru 3) that operate just fine. The connection from SDRPlay server as well as my station computer are all hard wired ethernet connections to the ISP router. The AirspyHF and SDR-iq#1 are also hardwired. SDR-iq's #2&3 are actually on the network via Wifi the last 130'.

When I operate the SDRplay via its server, from the computer hosting it, it works fine. As does operating it directly from SDRC.

But when I go out to the main operating station computer, and access it, even at different bandwidths and buffering values, it still stutters.
I've learned just not to use it from within the LAN.

Do you get the same issue?

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Max Mucci, N5NHJ

Hello Simon,
I mention this issue some weeks ago. The VB is not the only work around. In my case, installing SDR# worked as well.
This is what I wrote:

Here we go with another super strange behavior.
I checked on this with several different machines, so it should be easy to reproduce.
I have the HF+ connected remotely.
If I connect to the server from any machine without any previous installation of the HF+, so, no drivers, I get a very chopping audio.
Looking at the server status, I get a very high RTT (7000ms).
If I just run SDR# without starting the radio, everything works fine, RTT is 5ms and audio is perfect.
Screenshots attached.

----------------------
73 de Max, N5NHJ (I8NHJ)

Friday, April 6, 2018, 7:12:20 AM, you wrote:

Jim,

Let’s take this slowly, I’m being a bit overloaded with logfiles and other feedback.

Using a basic system connected to a remote server and listening to
the audio through a loudspeaker do you have stutter?I am unclear as
to the relevance of VB-Audio when using a remote server, what are
you using this for?If I understand your postings correctly, having
VB Audio installed but not in use creates stutter, is this correct?

I’ll ask for a specific logfile once I’m clear about the configuration.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

No the VB audio driver is a work around .. without the driver
installed we have the problem with no way of getting clean,
unstuttered audio .. if we install the VB Audio driver and set as
shown this gives us a work around for now.

Im trying to assist here with a well known problem. I offered team
viewer access so you can log in and see first hand, grab logs if
required .. this is all for the development of the software.

I Will read the support file and try to send what you require

Jim M0CKE

Simon Brown

Hi Max,

Please send me two logfiles 1) With Stutter, 2) Without stutter using the same soundcard for audio and the same remote server.

This has to be simple, has to be. Like the programmer…

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.sdr-radio.com

This is what I wrote:

>> Here we go with another super strange behavior.

>> I checked on this with several different machines, so it should be easy to reproduce.

>> I have the HF+ connected remotely.

>> If I connect to the server from any machine without any previous installation of the HF+, so, no drivers, I get a very chopping audio.

>> Looking at the server status, I get  a very high RTT (7000ms).

>> If I just run SDR# without starting the radio, everything works fine, RTT is 5ms and audio is perfect.

Screenshots attached.

----------------------

73 de Max, N5NHJ (I8NHJ)

Friday, April 6, 2018, 7:12:20 AM, you wrote:

> Jim,

> Let’s take this slowly, I’m being a bit overloaded with logfiles and other feedback.

> Using a basic system connected to a remote server and listening to the

> audio through a loudspeaker do you have stutter?I am unclear as to the

> relevance of VB-Audio when using a remote server, what are you using

> this for?If I understand your postings correctly, having VB Audio

> installed but not in use creates stutter, is this correct?

> I’ll ask for a specific logfile once I’m clear about the configuration.

> Simon Brown, G4ELI

> www.sdr-radio.com

Max Mucci, N5NHJ

Hello Simon,
Here you go.
In this example the network connection is on my internal LAN, so no internet involved here.

----------------------
73 de Max, N5NHJ (I8NHJ)

Friday, April 6, 2018, 7:36:17 AM, you wrote:

Hi Max,

Please send me two logfiles 1) With Stutter, 2) Without stutter
using the same soundcard for audio and the same remote server.

Create the logfiles after starting the remote server:
http://www.sdr-radio.com/Support#LogfileAttach to your reply.

This has to be simple, has to be. Like the programmer…

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

No the VB audio driver is a work around .. without the driver
installed we have the problem with no way of getting clean,
unstuttered audio .. if we install the VB Audio driver and set as
shown this gives us a work around for now.

Im trying to assist here with a well known problem. I offered team
viewer access so you can log in and see first hand, grab logs if
required .. this is all for the development of the software.

I Will read the support file and try to send what you require

Jim M0CKE

Garden Troll <jefferylegere@...>

Stuttering only at 1mhz bandwidth. 500khz and below was smooth

[...]

Ah,

Sorry - my request was confusing, mea culpa. Please show me the Console logs, thanks.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

In this example the network connection is on my internal LAN, so no internet involved here.

Max Mucci, N5NHJ

No problem, here you go again.

----------------------
73 de Max, N5NHJ (I8NHJ)

Ah,
Sorry - my request was confusing, mea culpa. Please show me the Console logs, thanks.
Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

In this example the network connection is on my internal LAN, so no internet involved here.

Jim M0CKE

HI Simon

A different laptop, not had VB-Audio installed at all, Installed latest SDR Radio v3.

A WAN connection to G4ELI server does not stutter - Log of this attached
A WAN connection to KA1GJU server stutters - Log of this and screen grab attached

Jim M0CKE

On 6 April 2018 at 07:36, Jim M0CKE <makidoja@...> wrote:
Hi Simon

No the VB audio driver is a work around .. without the driver installed we have the problem with no way of getting clean, unstuttered audio .. if we install the VB Audio driver and set as shown this gives us a work around for now.

Im trying to assist here with a well known problem. I offered team viewer access so you can log in and see first hand, grab logs if required .. this is all for the development of the software.

I Will read the support file and try to send what you require

Jim M0CKE

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

Video of stuttering and how this is affected by enabling or disabling the VB-Audio virtual cable output in sound recording

Jim M0CKE

Simon Brown

😊

Max - I need the whole Console log please - important information has been lost (again my fault) so show me the whole logfile.

Sorry to be a pain.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com