Date   

Re: GPU card

jdow
 

Is the logging software trying to talk to SDRC or is it running independently on the side?

For the video - this is a snip from the standard message footer here:
===8<---
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com for all:

* bug reports
* questions.

This is the unofficial support for SDR-Radio.com software.

RSS feed is https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/app.php/feed
===8<---

{^_^}

On 20220325 15:29:49, n6vl via groups.io wrote:

jdow said:
"...SDR-C's effect on other logging applications."That needs defining - what is the effect and how are the logging applications connected? And to which logging applications are you referring?
I'd like to record a video snippet showing the lag in HRD Logbook when creating a new QSO while Console is running. What's the best way to record an post a video here? Obviously I need a place to host videos. Or perhaps an animated GIF? I don't to hijack this group's storage.

de Steve N6VL


Re: GPU card

n6vl
 

jdow said:
"...SDR-C's effect on other logging applications."That needs defining - what is the effect and how are the logging applications connected? And to which logging applications are you referring?
I'd like to record a video snippet showing the lag in HRD Logbook when creating a new QSO while Console is running. What's the best way to record an post a video here? Obviously I need a place to host videos. Or perhaps an animated GIF? I don't to hijack this group's storage.

de Steve N6VL


Re: GPU card

n6vl
 

Simon Brown said:
That looks OK – was Console running?
Yes Console was running.

Also I just installed the latest drivers for GetForce GTX 645. No difference with my other software.



de Steve N6VL


Re: GPU card

n6vl
 

Simon Brown said:

Silly question – have you installed the NVIDIA Geforce Experience driver or just using the default Microsoft driver?
Okay I just tried to install the latest from the link, GeForce_Experience_v3.25.0.84.exe, and got this message:



So I'm looking at legacy drivers. But I already have an NVIDIA Control Panel:



Not sure if that is Microsoft installed or not. I've had this machine for 4 years and don't recall what drivers I installed.

de Steve N6VL


Re: GPU card

Simon Brown
 

Hey,

 

Silly question – have you installed the NVIDIA Geforce Experience driver or just using the default Microsoft driver?

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of n6vl via groups.io
Sent: 25 March 2022 02:45
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] GPU card

 

Simon, here's my screenshot:


--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.


Re: GPU card

Simon Brown
 

Hi,

 

That looks OK – was Console running?

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of n6vl via groups.io
Sent: 25 March 2022 02:45
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] GPU card

 

Simon, here's my screenshot:


--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.


Re: GPU card

jdow
 

The task manager output suggests everything should be working. A diagram or verbal diagram of your setup would also help. Include any audio devices and external decoders that may be running at the same time.

"...SDR-C's effect on other logging applications."

That needs defining - what is the effect and how are the logging applications connected? And to which logging applications are you referring?

{^_^}

On 20220324 20:27:23, jdow wrote:

If you've not provided a full size screen shot of SDRC when it is exhibiting this problem that might be a good idea, too. Show as much detail about your setup as possible, of course. That means using options to put up optional onscreen information as well as the header and bottom status bars. There is a lot of useful information that can be extracted from this added material. TechPower GPU-Z is another tool that can help diagnose how hard your GPUs are being hit. It can confirm what the GPU metrics inside SDRC have to say about your GPU activity. More good information is always a good thing.

{o.o}

On 20220324 11:04:53, Simon Brown wrote:

Yes,

 

Please show me this panel of the Task Manager if you would like further help, otherwise I’m flying blind.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of n6vl via groups.io
Sent: 23 March 2022 16:50
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] GPU card

 

Simon Brown said:

My gut feeling is that the GPU is not the cause of the problem. Please show this task manager page and make sure the CPU is visible (it may not be shown):

Is this a request by Simon for me to take a screenshot of my Task Manager Performance tab and post it here? I'll try to post a screenshot.

Simon also said:

Anyway, the GTX 645 is quite respectable when it comes to DirectX but any newer card will be better and use less power. And a newer card (if you can get one) can later be used in a new PC.

That good to hear. I'm really not in a mood to upgrade my graphics card and not solve my main issue, that is the sluggishness of my two logging apps while running SDR-C. However, if a new card will speed up refreshing on the spectrum display, I'm very interested! I just don't want to spend top dollar with no perceivable results.


--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.



Re: GPU card

jdow
 

If you've not provided a full size screen shot of SDRC when it is exhibiting this problem that might be a good idea, too. Show as much detail about your setup as possible, of course. That means using options to put up optional onscreen information as well as the header and bottom status bars. There is a lot of useful information that can be extracted from this added material. TechPower GPU-Z is another tool that can help diagnose how hard your GPUs are being hit. It can confirm what the GPU metrics inside SDRC have to say about your GPU activity. More good information is always a good thing.

{o.o}

On 20220324 11:04:53, Simon Brown wrote:

Yes,

 

Please show me this panel of the Task Manager if you would like further help, otherwise I’m flying blind.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of n6vl via groups.io
Sent: 23 March 2022 16:50
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] GPU card

 

Simon Brown said:

My gut feeling is that the GPU is not the cause of the problem. Please show this task manager page and make sure the CPU is visible (it may not be shown):

Is this a request by Simon for me to take a screenshot of my Task Manager Performance tab and post it here? I'll try to post a screenshot.

Simon also said:

Anyway, the GTX 645 is quite respectable when it comes to DirectX but any newer card will be better and use less power. And a newer card (if you can get one) can later be used in a new PC.

That good to hear. I'm really not in a mood to upgrade my graphics card and not solve my main issue, that is the sluggishness of my two logging apps while running SDR-C. However, if a new card will speed up refreshing on the spectrum display, I'm very interested! I just don't want to spend top dollar with no perceivable results.


--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.


Re: GPU card

n6vl
 

Simon, here's my screenshot:


Re: Adding my receiver to the server

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU
 

Hello Curt,
   Yes... I think it's a limitation on how much GB of stored space on the groups.io site. Our local radio club has the same problem. We have to thin out the images/videos posted or get capped at XX GB of storage. Maybe Simon culls the herd or Groups.io does it automatically?
I'll try and find which computer sent the images and try an upload to files section. Grrrrr

73 Kriss KA1GJU


Re: GPU card

Simon Brown
 

Yes,

 

Please show me this panel of the Task Manager if you would like further help, otherwise I’m flying blind.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of n6vl via groups.io
Sent: 23 March 2022 16:50
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] GPU card

 

Simon Brown said:

My gut feeling is that the GPU is not the cause of the problem. Please show this task manager page and make sure the CPU is visible (it may not be shown):

Is this a request by Simon for me to take a screenshot of my Task Manager Performance tab and post it here? I'll try to post a screenshot.

Simon also said:

Anyway, the GTX 645 is quite respectable when it comes to DirectX but any newer card will be better and use less power. And a newer card (if you can get one) can later be used in a new PC.

That good to hear. I'm really not in a mood to upgrade my graphics card and not solve my main issue, that is the sluggishness of my two logging apps while running SDR-C. However, if a new card will speed up refreshing on the spectrum display, I'm very interested! I just don't want to spend top dollar with no perceivable results.


--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.


Re: Adding my receiver to the server

Curt Faulk
 

Kriss:

At least in my view on two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) somehow your images that were available last week aren't visible now in this thread.


Re: Ettus USRP N200 compatibility #sdrconsolev3 #ettus

Roby <pa0038@...>
 

I also tried the installation with HDSDR but it gives me an error with the dll. (32bit) I'll try with SDRconsole thank you


Re: USRP B200 baseband recorder

Roby <pa0038@...>
 

No, in fact Satdump for now only supports Lime, Airspy, Hackrf and SDRplay
I also tried the installation with HDSDR but it gives me an error with the dll. (32bit)

Roberto


Re: Ettus USRP N200 compatibility #sdrconsolev3 #ettus

Siegfried Jackstien
 

You can use hdsdr or sdrconsole
Both can record the passband only 
Or do a wideband record and anylyze later
Dg9bfc sigu

Am 24.03.2022 11:04 schrieb "Roby via groups.io" <pa0038@...>:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and would like your help if possible. I recently bought a B200 to record the baseband of the weather satellites and then decode with Satdump.
Is there a simple program for win10 / 11 that limits itself only to recording the baseband and outputs a wav file 8?
I have read that HDSDR can be a solution, has anyone tried it?
thank you


Re: USRP B200 baseband recorder

Alan G4ZFQ
 

On 24/03/2022 09:56, Roby via groups.io wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and would like your help if
possible. I recently bought a B200 to record the baseband of the weather satellites and then decode with Satdump. Is there a simple program for win10 / 11 that limits itself only to recording the baseband and outputs a wav file 8? I have read that HDSDR can be a solution, has anyone tried it? thank you

Roby

I see Satdump has a baseband recorder, I guess that is not suitable?
HDSDR has various options, maybe try it?

Or, probably SDR_-Radio will do it.

Alan


USRP B200 baseband recorder

Roby <pa0038@...>
 

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and would like your help if possible. I recently bought a B200 to record the baseband of the weather satellites and then decode with Satdump. Is there a simple program for win10 / 11 that limits itself only to recording the baseband and outputs a wav file 8? I have read that HDSDR can be a solution, has anyone tried it? thank you

Roby


Re: GPU card

n6vl
 

Simon Brown said:

My gut feeling is that the GPU is not the cause of the problem. Please show this task manager page and make sure the CPU is visible (it may not be shown):

Is this a request by Simon for me to take a screenshot of my Task Manager Performance tab and post it here? I'll try to post a screenshot.

Simon also said:

Anyway, the GTX 645 is quite respectable when it comes to DirectX but any newer card will be better and use less power. And a newer card (if you can get one) can later be used in a new PC.
That good to hear. I'm really not in a mood to upgrade my graphics card and not solve my main issue, that is the sluggishness of my two logging apps while running SDR-C. However, if a new card will speed up refreshing on the spectrum display, I'm very interested! I just don't want to spend top dollar with no perceivable results.


Re: GPU card

jdow
 

To clarify a little, the "GTX 1650 Super" is a name for a model of nVidia video card sold by many different manufacturers. MSI, ASUS, Gateway, ZOTAC, and Evga are the most commonly encountered versions.

{^_^}

On 20220323 02:22:56, Max wrote:

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 08:37 PM, n6vl wrote:
Tom says to use SUPER brand only. Is SUPER a brand? Or can any GTX 1650 work?
It's just misleading branding by Nvidia. 1650 and 1650 Super are really two quite different cards. 1650 released first (to a fairly lacklustre response from reviewers) then next generation GPU and faster memory in the 1650 Super was highly praised for value versus excellent performance. They really should not have called it 1650 Super, they should have called it a totally different name as they really are different beasts! From memory the Super has about a 30% upgrade on performance in most situations. The tables are easy enough to find online by Googling if you feel the need. 

I bought mine (Super) for around 160 GBP, so about $200 but since then (a) there's been a massive supply shortage due to pandemic chip supply and so they were simply unavailable and (b) as a result prices have gone through the roof, so while they were fantastic value, now (like everything else) they are silly money.

I guess look out for a good used 1650 Super (or see Simon's post) from a reputable private buyer? I can highly recommend the Super. It transformed the performance of SDRC (and loads of other apps, video editing for example) on my ageing 12 year old i7 Asus mobo PC. Your mileage may vary of course, but most have found it an excellent card. Pity about how the pricing has spoiled things to some degree.

Good luck

Max


Re: GPU card

Max
 

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 08:37 PM, n6vl wrote:
Tom says to use SUPER brand only. Is SUPER a brand? Or can any GTX 1650 work?
It's just misleading branding by Nvidia. 1650 and 1650 Super are really two quite different cards. 1650 released first (to a fairly lacklustre response from reviewers) then next generation GPU and faster memory in the 1650 Super was highly praised for value versus excellent performance. They really should not have called it 1650 Super, they should have called it a totally different name as they really are different beasts! From memory the Super has about a 30% upgrade on performance in most situations. The tables are easy enough to find online by Googling if you feel the need. 

I bought mine (Super) for around 160 GBP, so about $200 but since then (a) there's been a massive supply shortage due to pandemic chip supply and so they were simply unavailable and (b) as a result prices have gone through the roof, so while they were fantastic value, now (like everything else) they are silly money.

I guess look out for a good used 1650 Super (or see Simon's post) from a reputable private buyer? I can highly recommend the Super. It transformed the performance of SDRC (and loads of other apps, video editing for example) on my ageing 12 year old i7 Asus mobo PC. Your mileage may vary of course, but most have found it an excellent card. Pity about how the pricing has spoiled things to some degree.

Good luck

Max

2941 - 2960 of 68782