Date   

Re: Desktop sdr console controller..

Mag loop Simon
 

Also..same modified mouse acts as normal mouse when on any other program.( ie windows.) .x mouse just changes functionality when on sdrc.

simon ( mag loop simon)


Re: Desktop sdr console controller..

Mag loop Simon
 

hello

what i have done.

cheap wireless mouse..7 euro £6.

Used x mouse program to reassign buttons/ scroll to sdrc keyboard shortcuts.

ie..right click= tx
middle button= tune
scroll up = vfo up
scroll down= vfo down
middle button + scroll  up= vfo up quick
middle button + scroll down = vfo down quick

BUT..i have removed scroll from mouse and also middle button and used encoder with switch..
i have mounted encoder vertically with big vfo knob and mounted to mouse..this gives me proper vfo knob..

i will post a picture when not on phone..( as i can not post pics from phone.)

cost £10 ..12 euro??..


Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

paul newcombe <G6YZC@...>
 

When I was TXing for those Pics I had no browser turned on.
I was running just SDRC-VAC-WSJT  apart from automatic background programs that Win 7 
starts.  I was not connected to a router or to the internet.
That spike is what the RXing stations see.

It is not on Thetis/PWRSDR but I do not want to use those programs HiHi


From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of jdow <jdow@...>
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2020 6:25 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser
 
You might try slowing down and minimizing spectrum and waterfall displays. You
might also try "If it hurts when you bang your head on your keyboard, don't do
that." That is, run the browser on a different machine.

{^_^}

On 20200803 14:46:05, paul newcombe wrote:
> Just to add to earlier notes.
> This is a picture of one of the horizontal spikes received at a friends station
> around 50 miles away.
> These are only there when I us SDRC to TX with the Anan.
> They do not occur with Thetis or PWRSDR.
> I turned off all, as far as I can work out, internet connections.
> I turned off the wireless connection to the internet.
> I had just SDRC WSJT and VAC running.
> I closed down all other programs, as far as I know, including Chrome.
> I tried multiple computers and multiple Anan's.
>
> Next test to try?
>
> Paul N2EME
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Antoon,
> PA3BWE <pa3bwe@...>
> *Sent:* Monday, August 3, 2020 2:12 PM
> *To:* main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
> *Subject:* Re: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in
> browser
> Hi
>
> Just an update:
>
> I'm running a QuadCore 8300 PC with 8G memory, not the newest but more then
> enought to do the work.
> On average the system is @ 40% of CPU resources when decoding MSK in normal mode.
>
> I just noticed that this also happens when putting the FOCUS from  to Chrome
> (without switching between tabs in Chrome).
>
> I tried other applications as well but so far I only see this happening when
> using a browser.
>
> antoon / pa3bwe
>
>
> anan spike.jpg
>
>
> anan TX spike.png
>




Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

jdow
 

You might try slowing down and minimizing spectrum and waterfall displays. You might also try "If it hurts when you bang your head on your keyboard, don't do that." That is, run the browser on a different machine.

{^_^}

On 20200803 14:46:05, paul newcombe wrote:
Just to add to earlier notes.
This is a picture of one of the horizontal spikes received at a friends station around 50 miles away.
These are only there when I us SDRC to TX with the Anan.
They do not occur with Thetis or PWRSDR.
I turned off all, as far as I can work out, internet connections.
I turned off the wireless connection to the internet.
I had just SDRC WSJT and VAC running.
I closed down all other programs, as far as I know, including Chrome.
I tried multiple computers and multiple Anan's.
Next test to try?
Paul N2EME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Antoon, PA3BWE <pa3bwe@...>
*Sent:* Monday, August 3, 2020 2:12 PM
*To:* main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser
Hi
Just an update:
I'm running a QuadCore 8300 PC with 8G memory, not the newest but more then enought to do the work.
On average the system is @ 40% of CPU resources when decoding MSK in normal mode.
I just noticed that this also happens when putting the FOCUS from  to Chrome (without switching between tabs in Chrome).
I tried other applications as well but so far I only see this happening when using a browser.
antoon / pa3bwe
anan spike.jpg
anan TX spike.png


Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

paul newcombe <G6YZC@...>
 

Just to add to earlier notes.
This is a picture of one of the horizontal spikes received at a friends station around 50 miles away.
These are only there when I us SDRC to TX with the Anan.
They do not occur with Thetis or PWRSDR. 
I turned off all, as far as I can work out, internet connections.
I turned off the wireless connection to the internet.
I had just SDRC WSJT and VAC running.
I closed down all other programs, as far as I know, including Chrome.
I tried multiple computers and multiple Anan's.

Next test to try?

Paul N2EME



From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Antoon, PA3BWE <pa3bwe@...>
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2020 2:12 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser
 
Hi

Just an update: 

I'm running a QuadCore 8300 PC with 8G memory, not the newest but more then enought to do the work.
On average the system is @ 40% of CPU resources when decoding MSK in normal mode.

I just noticed that this also happens when putting the FOCUS from  to Chrome (without switching between tabs in Chrome).

I tried other applications as well but so far I only see this happening when using a browser.

antoon / pa3bwe


Re: Desktop sdr console controller..

Miguel de Castro
 

Hello, my English is not very good and I am going to use the translator. I would like if possible the information about the command that I carry out.
 
   Greetings ....... Miguel


Re: Elad fdm fuo request

Mag loop Simon
 

Ok
fair point..exactly what i do on the yaesu


Re: key strokes in SDR radio software for a blind user

Radioman ZeroZero
 

Hi Siegfried,

What is your controller called?  I'm interested in the repeat function.
--
Thanks Steve M0ZEH


Edit of Audio Files

George Stein - NJ3H
 

Greetings,

I saw a youtube video yesterday that Simon had made regarding ALE reception using SDRC vers 2.  It seems to me he recorded a 2 MHz bandwidth.  If I heard correctly, I thought he said that he edited the file to just limit the file to a narrow portion (where the ALE signals were).  Perhaps he just zoomed in.

There is software for the Perseus that allows trimming a Perseus file by time.  I have often thought of trimming a file by frequency would be a real nice thing to have.  However, I cannot imagine how such a thing would be possible.

Simon, did you actually trim the file for a specific frequency range?

Is there a trim file capability for TIME in the SDRC software?  If not, how would one at least accomplish this for a n SDRC audio file?  I would think a standard audio editing program would not work since it would get rid of header info, etc.

Love SDRC more and more each day.

Anyway, everyone have a good day.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA


Screenshot not working

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW
 

[Followup]
I tried SDR-Radio V3.0.22, 64-bit, 2020-04-12_1026.exe and then SDR-Radio V3.0.21, 64-bit, 2020-02-15_0555 with the same problem with FM mode change to side-band or CW display freeze and the screen shot not working.

Dale WB8CJW






Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com



Screenshot not working

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW
 

I press the camera icon, a window comes up with --> Open, --> Open with... and --> Show in folder. [all normal}  But if I click "Open" an error message is displayed that says Windows can't find the folder.  I can navigate to the folder using Explorer with problem but no image has been saved.  I tried deleting all previous image files but that made no difference.

If I take a screenshot while the spectrum/waterfall is stopped console freezes.  This time I was able to bring up the Task Manager and shut SDR Console down.

I just downloaded from Google Drive SDR-Radio V3.0.24, 64-bit, 2020-07-27_0913.exe this time and reinstalled.  Used Dropbox previously.  No change still spectrum/waterfall freeze and screenshot not working.

Dale WB8CJW




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com



Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

Antoon, PA3BWE
 

Hi

Just an update: 

I'm running a QuadCore 8300 PC with 8G memory, not the newest but more then enought to do the work.
On average the system is @ 40% of CPU resources when decoding MSK in normal mode.

I just noticed that this also happens when putting the FOCUS from  to Chrome (without switching between tabs in Chrome).

I tried other applications as well but so far I only see this happening when using a browser.

antoon / pa3bwe


Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

paul newcombe <G6YZC@...>
 

Interesting thread to follow as I have a similar problem with the Anans when using SDRC VAC/VB Cables, WSJT-x/JTDX.

It only happens with SDRC and not with Thetis or PWRSDR.
I cannot hear it at my end OR if I record the audio using the record button in the TX DSP and play it back.
I cannot hear it over my speakers when I TX.
I have tried multiple Anan radios.
I have tried multiple computers.
I think I can see it on the Pure Signal plots in SDRC. This is why I tried a 10e too,


Receiving stations hear it very clearly which is obviously how I first found out about it.
They hear it when I am using any Digi mode via WSJT-x/JTDX via Vac BUT they also hear it 
when I use the TONE or TUNE button on the TX DSP in SDRC.

My intention was to have one of the RXing stations record their end so I can send it as an attachment.

I will follow this thread and make test changes as recommended.
I will use a set up with no internet and just CAT5 connection to the Anan.
If I have no luck I will try to document it better and ask more questions.
Thank You.
Paul N2EME


From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of jdow <jdow@...>
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2020 1:28 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser
 
That sounds like momentary system overload in your computer.
{^_^}


On 20200803 09:30:36, Antoon, PA3BWE wrote:
> [Edited Message Follows]
>
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed a weird phenoma which I cannot explain, hopefully someone can
> help me:
>
> When I'm TXing in a digital mode (MSHV <-> VAC <-> SDR Console) and switch to
> another TAB in a browser (Chrome / EDGE/ TOR), the EXTTR output of HL2 is
> shortly (10 - 20 mS) interrupted. It doesn't happen all the time but about 30%
> of the times I tried.
> I never noticed this before since the transverter I use (144/28) doesn't have
> any relays, this weekend I connected my PA (having coax switches) and noticed
> the clicking relays.
> After connecting a scope I clearly see the short interruptions of about 10 - 20
> mS, sometimes 2 within 50 mS.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?
>
> Antoon / PA3BWE
>




Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

jdow
 

That sounds like momentary system overload in your computer.
{^_^}

On 20200803 09:30:36, Antoon, PA3BWE wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]
Hi,
I just noticed a weird phenoma which I cannot explain, hopefully someone can help me:
When I'm TXing in a digital mode (MSHV <-> VAC <-> SDR Console) and switch to another TAB in a browser (Chrome / EDGE/ TOR), the EXTTR output of HL2 is shortly (10 - 20 mS) interrupted. It doesn't happen all the time but about 30% of the times I tried.
I never noticed this before since the transverter I use (144/28) doesn't have any relays, this weekend I connected my PA (having coax switches) and noticed the clicking relays.
After connecting a scope I clearly see the short interruptions of about 10 - 20 mS, sometimes 2 within 50 mS.
Has anyone seen this before?
Antoon / PA3BWE


Re: antenna splitter ?

jdow
 

Now it sort of makes sense as a connection list. A top item would be antenna to 7600 transceiver input.

It probably should be safe. I don't know what protection the RSP1A has. I'd expect the 7600 to have about 50dB to 60 dB protection in its TR switching. (Hopefully this is specified somewhere.) You can then compare that with the RSP1A input specification limitations. We're speaking of a signal perhaps as large as 1 mW. That should not damage most equipment inputs. That is a about the level most input protection devices kick in, 0.316 V peak. My paranoia kicks in at around 1 V peak. This configuration looks like it will be 1/5th to 1/10th that much voltage.

{^_^}

On 20200803 09:45:03, Don Moman VE6JY wrote:
Yes there is a jumper from RX out to RX in.  This has been a part of many ICOMs over the years, back to when they used a short RCA jumper.  Now it's a BNC.
On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 4:16 PM jdow <jdow@... <mailto:jdow@...>> wrote:
Maybe if you expand the drawing beyond what you show it would make sense. At
the
moment it looks to me like you have a loop between the input and output of the
7600 through the splitter. Does the radio normally have a jumper from
RX-ANT-OUT
to RX-ANT-IN for it to work correctly? Remember, I do not have a 7600. All I
have is your (incomplete?) description below to work from.
{^_^}
On 20200803 09:05:54, Don Moman VE6JY wrote:
> Well, it makes perfect sense to me, I've used this scheme on the
> similarly equipped ICOM 7800.  The RX ANT out is on the safe side of the TX
> relay so is well protected from any transmissions made by that radio.  No
need
> for anything else.
>
> 73 Don
> VE6JY
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 9:26 AM jdow <jdow@...
<mailto:jdow@...>
> <mailto:jdow@... <mailto:jdow@...>>> wrote:
>
>     Reread, carefully, what you have done here. Make a drawing of it.
From here it
>     looks like utter nonsense. For one thing there is no antenna
mentioned anywhere
>     in that list.
>
>     {^_^}
>
>     On 20200802 23:19:06, NAN via groups.io <http://groups.io>
<http://groups.io> wrote:
>      > Hi Bob
>      >
>      > I would like to connect my RSP1A to the IN/OUT receive antenna
>     connections on my
>      > IC-7600.
>      >
>      > Input of RF Splitter connected to RX-ANT OUT of IC-7600
>      > Output 1 of RF splitter connected to RX-ANT IN of IC-7600
>      > Output 2 of RF splitter connected to SDR receiver (RSP1A)
>      >
>      > With this configuration I expect to use the IC-7600 receiver and
the SDR
>      > receiver at the same time (signal loss of 3db noted). Is it safe
to TX in
>     this
>      > configuration? The Icom user manual indicates I could connect a
pre-amp
>     at the
>      > RX port so I believe its safe and no need for any additional receiver
>     front end
>      > protection?
>      >
>      > Appreciate some help.
>      >
>      > 73's
>      > Nan
>      >
>
>
>
>


Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

Christian Veith
 

Hi Anton,

I can confirm this behaviour on my old, fairly old, win7 machine (core2quad processor) when switching tabs or refreshing sites.

As Simon wrote, modern browsers are resource intensive. Just take a look how much ram they consume nowadays...

Run only necessary tasks when doing TX. Try it with just Console and MSHV open.

Best regards

Chris DL5CV

Am 3. August 2020 18:48:12 MESZ schrieb Simon Brown <simon@...>:

Hi,

 

Makes sense – browsers can use a LOT of CPU and will do so. Very simply – don’t mess with the computer while sending, or get a computer you can dedicate to radio.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antoon, PA3BWE
Sent: 03 August 2020 05:31 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

 

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi,

I just noticed a weird phenoma which I cannot explain, hopefully someone can help me:

When I'm TXing in a digital mode (MSHV <-> VAC <-> SDR Console) and switch to another TAB in a browser (Chrome / EDGE/ TOR), the EXTTR output of HL2 is shortly (10 - 20 mS) interrupted. It doesn't happen all the time but about 30% of the times I tried.
I never noticed this before since the transverter I use (144/28) doesn't have any relays, this weekend I connected my PA (having coax switches) and noticed the clicking relays.
After connecting a scope I clearly see the short interruptions of about 10 - 20 mS, sometimes 2 within 50 mS.

Has anyone seen this before?

Antoon / PA3BWE




Vy 73 de DL5CV


Re: antenna splitter ?

NAN
 

Hi All

Thanks for your replies and confirmation that I am on the right track.

73’s
Nan


Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

Simon Brown
 

Hi,

 

Makes sense – browsers can use a LOT of CPU and will do so. Very simply – don’t mess with the computer while sending, or get a computer you can dedicate to radio.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antoon, PA3BWE
Sent: 03 August 2020 05:31 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

 

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi,

I just noticed a weird phenoma which I cannot explain, hopefully someone can help me:

When I'm TXing in a digital mode (MSHV <-> VAC <-> SDR Console) and switch to another TAB in a browser (Chrome / EDGE/ TOR), the EXTTR output of HL2 is shortly (10 - 20 mS) interrupted. It doesn't happen all the time but about 30% of the times I tried.
I never noticed this before since the transverter I use (144/28) doesn't have any relays, this weekend I connected my PA (having coax switches) and noticed the clicking relays.
After connecting a scope I clearly see the short interruptions of about 10 - 20 mS, sometimes 2 within 50 mS.

Has anyone seen this before?

Antoon / PA3BWE


Re: antenna splitter ?

Don Moman VE6JY
 

Yes there is a jumper from RX out to RX in.  This has been a part of many ICOMs over the years, back to when they used a short RCA jumper.  Now it's a BNC.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 4:16 PM jdow <jdow@...> wrote:
Maybe if you expand the drawing beyond what you show it would make sense. At the
moment it looks to me like you have a loop between the input and output of the
7600 through the splitter. Does the radio normally have a jumper from RX-ANT-OUT
to RX-ANT-IN for it to work correctly? Remember, I do not have a 7600. All I
have is your (incomplete?) description below to work from.

{^_^}

On 20200803 09:05:54, Don Moman VE6JY wrote:
> Well, it makes perfect sense to me, I've used this scheme on the
> similarly equipped ICOM 7800.  The RX ANT out is on the safe side of the TX
> relay so is well protected from any transmissions made by that radio.  No need
> for anything else.
>
> 73 Don
> VE6JY
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 9:26 AM jdow <jdow@...
> <mailto:jdow@...>> wrote:
>
>     Reread, carefully, what you have done here. Make a drawing of it. From here it
>     looks like utter nonsense. For one thing there is no antenna mentioned anywhere
>     in that list.
>
>     {^_^}
>
>     On 20200802 23:19:06, NAN via groups.io <http://groups.io> wrote:
>      > Hi Bob
>      >
>      > I would like to connect my RSP1A to the IN/OUT receive antenna
>     connections on my
>      > IC-7600.
>      >
>      > Input of RF Splitter connected to RX-ANT OUT of IC-7600
>      > Output 1 of RF splitter connected to RX-ANT IN of IC-7600
>      > Output 2 of RF splitter connected to SDR receiver (RSP1A)
>      >
>      > With this configuration I expect to use the IC-7600 receiver and the SDR
>      > receiver at the same time (signal loss of 3db noted). Is it safe to TX in
>     this
>      > configuration? The Icom user manual indicates I could connect a pre-amp
>     at the
>      > RX port so I believe its safe and no need for any additional receiver
>     front end
>      > protection?
>      >
>      > Appreciate some help.
>      >
>      > 73's
>      > Nan
>      >
>
>
>
>




Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

Antoon, PA3BWE
 
Edited

Hi,

I just noticed a weird phenoma which I cannot explain, hopefully someone can help me:

When I'm TXing in a digital mode (MSHV <-> VAC <-> SDR Console) and switch to another TAB in a browser (Chrome / EDGE/ TOR), the EXTTR output of HL2 is shortly (10 - 20 mS) interrupted. It doesn't happen all the time but about 30% of the times I tried.
I never noticed this before since the transverter I use (144/28) doesn't have any relays, this weekend I connected my PA (having coax switches) and noticed the clicking relays.
After connecting a scope I clearly see the short interruptions of about 10 - 20 mS, sometimes 2 within 50 mS.

Has anyone seen this before?

Antoon / PA3BWE

7881 - 7900 of 66722