From: Alex P
To: sdr-radio-com@...
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 11:56 AM
Subject: [sdr-radio-com] Diversity reception with large distance baselines - -Radio Console

Hi Simon,

As an idea for a future effort, for diversity reception, I was wondering if it would be possible to include an option to combine the same received signal in the radio console software from 2 different receivers that are physically separated by large distances. When I say large distances, this means anywhere from half a mile to over 100 miles. In addition to using high speed internet I would suppose that at the user interface there would be a need to have a manually adjustable time domain delay of some sort to provide phase addition of the signals. Maybe an additional routine that performs automatic sync-up could be developed also. What do you think? Alex.