Re: RTL-SDR - Why 2.048MHz bandwidth?

jdow

2097152 would be the real bit-head choice not that it would be accurate 1 Hz steps in any case.

{^_-}

On 20220913 14:40:38, Max wrote:

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 10:17 PM, jdow wrote:
I realized this. I believe the very first users selected the set of sample rates you see. In reality there are ranges of numbers that will work. One starts at 900001 samples per second up to 3200000 sps that work programmatically. Speeds over 2.4 Msps seem to drop samples with some precise numbers better than others for unknown reasons.
Thank you Joanne and Ken. Both answers throw some light on it for sure. Attached is the list of the available bandwidths for the RTL. I think you would agree that 2048 is an odd bedfellow as seen in the progression of the list, especially at 2.0 is already in there. Would have expected to see 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 etc. But I've seen the 2048 crop up in other SDR software for the RTL-SDR so I assumed there was some good reason for it.

Anyway, not very important. Simply one of those "just wondered" moments!

Max

RTL1.jpg