Re: Anyone seen/heard this on WWV?

Larry Dodd

Hi Jerry,

This WWV test signal was created to assist in ionospheric research, and is a joint effort of the Ham Radio Citizen Science Investigation (HamSCI) and NIST. The signal consists of various tones, chirps, and Gaussian noise bursts. The signal may be modified occasionally.

I have a HamSci Grape I receiver and it’s part of a Hamsci project of studying the ionospheric Doppler effect on WWV signal propagation. The WWV test signal is varied from time to time so it’s different depending on their study requirements. Hope this clears up the mystery.

Larry K4LED

_______________________

On Aug 22, 2022, at 1:09 PM, Jerry Lofstead W3CDE <glofstead@...> wrote:

the  womans voice  is from HAWII
JERRY
W3CDE

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 12:45 PM Calder Latham <calder_b@...> wrote:

Yes...and they announce every once in while about some special signalling for the Radio Amateur community for digital analysis. Not sure what part of the hour though. In a woman's voice but not from WWVH.

Cal...W1HHO

On 8/22/2022 12:10, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:

Some new 8 minute after the hour signal?

73 Kriss KA1GJU
-- All the Best from the woods of Maine.