Re: Using asymmetrical IF filters affectively in your SDR

jdow

Please explain to me what the difference is for AM broadcast between asymmetrical filters and simply narrowing the filter and tuning to the side? Used to do that all the time with my R390A for AM reception. Heck, I also used the 2 kHz filter for SSB. I'd tune to minimize adjacent signals and adjusted the BFO to make it sound right.

{^_-}   <- Being picky or something.

On 20220726 11:16:29, Paul Cianciolo wrote:

Hello All, A quick video that shows a demonstration of how to use asymmetrical filters for AM broadcast band interference from adjacent channels utilizing both Console V3 and SDR#

https://youtu.be/IbDZpS8Odz0
73's
W1VLF