On your WIN10 computer check your audio control panel to see If you may have a microphone or some other item turned on. You can click on anything you find to turn it off
Larry

_______________________

On Jul 15, 2022, at 2:55 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Transmit monitor enabled?

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Dietmar via groups.io <dl2sba@...>
Sent: 15 July 2022 17:40
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Audio output on unused sound card

I found a strange issue running SDRC 3.1 B2572 on German  W10-64 together with my limeSDRmini.

I use an external USB soundcard for audio input / output. Modulation etc. is fine with this combo. Inside SDRC only one receiver is defined using this external soundcard.

What I found, that when I run SDRC, there is high frequency noise / hisses and sometimes I think to hear some sort of voice modulation on the build-in soundcard of the notebook.

I can mute the receiver but the "ghost-receiver" is still running?!

Anyone any ideas what's going wrong in my setup?

Dietmar, DL2SBA