Looking at info on the goofy text msg. It indicates it came from me to her. She is all worried that she was hacked. What is weird is Thai I just installed that program/app a couple of days ago and that was the topic of the questionable text.

Have fun with George. Our family dog Festus, a black miniature doxie, died 48 years ago and I am still upset about it. Losing a pet is really hard. All the best to you.

George

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 9:57 PM, Simon Brown
Agh,

Glasses, I need my new glasses. Anyway, I hope the text and any subsequent tests were successful :)

I also have floaters which are a total PITA. And I have George who steals my shoes, clothes and takes me on massive walks so I am truly cream-crackered!

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown via groups.io <simon@...>
Sent: 13 July 2022 05:55
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Off-topic from SDRC

Re: 3

I hope your wife passed the test 🙂 .

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h@...>
Sent: 13 July 2022 05:30
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>

Thanks to all who responded. I did install Chrome Remote Desktop a few days ago and all was fine until a strange event tonight.

1. I have chrome desktop open on my desktop.
2. My Android app is closed.
3. Just arrived at San Francisco Airport and was texting my wife.
4. A text message showed up with no sender name or avatar.
5. The message came to both of us.
6. The message was some guy helping a friend with Chrome Remote Desktop.

So any ideas what in the world is going on?

Today, I got one of those pop up messages about some virus infecting the computer, but not from Defender or Malwarebytes. Ii looked like some phony website with the treats of God..

I ran Malwarebytes scan and all was reported well.

Thanks,
George