Re: Band II antenna

jdow

Er the clone was at about 1/3 size and worked on two meters.

{o.o}

On 20220710 12:00:32, jdow wrote:

Back in the 60s there was a company called "TELEX" or "TELREX", can't remember which now. They made a 9 element close spaced beam for 50 MHz. In the 70s I had a nice 70' tower (do I need 120' now?) with TH6DXX at 70', the 50 MHz beam above that, and a literal metal broomstick a wire coat hanger clone of the 6 meter beam. It worked very well for me. Of course, that 70' tower put the antennas at 1000' ASL with down slopes to the West through South through East - and mountains to the North. (Working Chelyabinsk once from there was a thrill.)

If it conducts it radiates. That antenna could have been better. But, it had a real beam pattern and real gain. I count that as a success. Wire coat hanger steel is not THAT much worse a conductor than alumin(i)um.

{^_^}

On 20220710 08:10:40, Jim Smith G0OFE wrote:

You could try the Antennenland Korner 9.2, German company, I don't know if they ship outside Germany these days. I know they won't ship to the UK any longer thanks to Brexshit.

Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 10/07/2022 07:31, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

OK I will try him again, he passed it on to Wimo who failed miserably.

Conrad