Re: Band II antenna

jdow

Er the clone was at about 1/3 size and worked on two meters.

{o.o}

On 20220710 12:00:32, jdow wrote:

Back in the 60s there was a company called "TELEX" or "TELREX", can't remember which now. They made a 9 element close spaced beam for 50 MHz. In the 70s I had a nice 70' tower (do I need 120' now?) with TH6DXX at 70', the 50 MHz beam above that, and a literal metal broomstick a wire coat hanger clone of the 6 meter beam. It worked very well for me. Of course, that 70' tower put the antennas at 1000' ASL with down slopes to the West through South through East - and mountains to the North. (Working Chelyabinsk once from there was a thrill.)

If it conducts it radiates. That antenna could have been better. But, it had a real beam pattern and real gain. I count that as a success. Wire coat hanger steel is not THAT much worse a conductor than alumin(i)um.

{^_^}

On 20220710 08:10:40, Jim Smith G0OFE wrote:

You could try the Antennenland Korner 9.2, German company, I don't know if they ship outside Germany these days. I know they won't ship to the UK any longer thanks to Brexshit.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 8-element LFA for 2m, 3-element LFA for 6m, 20m Windom for HF,. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 10/07/2022 07:31, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

OK I will try him again, he passed it on to Wimo who failed miserably.

Conrad

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown via groups.io
Sent: 10 July 2022 09:30
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Band II antenna

Hi,

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Conrad, PA5Y via groups.io <g0ruz@...>
Sent: 10 July 2022 08:26
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Cc: Rob Hardenberg <rob@...>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Band II antenna

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

--

- + - + -

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.