Re: Band II antenna

jdow

For some people cocaine is the signal that they have too much money. I think this guy has a quite different and far more respectable signal that he has too much money - and time - on his hands. That must have taken awhile to get phased in and fed properly. I wonder if he really gets the 21 dB extra gain that should give him over a single beam. (18 dB would mean he has a lot of patience and very low loss feed lines across the array.)

Has he started the second one so he can use SDR techniques as he rotates them together for another 3 dB of gain.

{O.O}

On 20220710 11:03:03, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

Hello Larry, no the purpose of the structure is the 128 yagis on 432MHz for EME.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Dodd via groups.io
Sent: 10 July 2022 19:57
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Band II antenna

I'm guessing it will be an array of 16 when finished.

Larry K4LED

On 7/10/2022 17:20:20, Larry Dodd via groups.io <101science@...> wrote:

Yes 10. I missed counting one. Also looks like the whole array rotated both horizontally and azimuth.  

Larry

On Jul 10, 2022, at 1:17 PM, Ken Sejkora <kjsejkora@...> wrote:

Interesting image, Larry.  Aren’t there 10 yagis, 8 on top and 2 on the bottom?  And it appears the two on the bottom might be oriented with the elements in the vertical plane, as opposed to horizontal like the top yagis.

Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2022 12:26 PM
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io

Nine rotatable is better!

Larry K4LED 

On Jul 10, 2022, at 12:21 PM, Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

Hello Jim, yes Rob PE1ITR gave me a link earlier today. You mean this one?

https://www.antennenland.net/3H-FM-9M19

I just emailed them about shipping to the Netherlands.

Regards

Conrad

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Smith G0OFE via groups.io
Sent: 10 July 2022 17:11
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io

You could try the Antennenland Korner 9.2, German company, I don't know if they ship outside Germany these days. I know they won't ship to the UK any longer thanks to Brexshit.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 8-element LFA for 2m, 3-element LFA for 6m, 20m Windom for HF,. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 10/07/2022 07:31, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

OK I will try him again, he passed it on to Wimo who failed miserably.

Conrad

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown via groups.io
Sent: 10 July 2022 09:30
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io

Hi,

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Conrad, PA5Y via groups.io <g0ruz@...>
Sent: 10 July 2022 08:26
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Cc: Rob Hardenberg <rob@...>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Band II antenna

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

--

- + - + -

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.