Re: Com port pickle

Conrad, PA5Y

N1MM+ is under continuous development and has a very active dev team. However I will mention it.

Regards

Conrad

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jdow via groups.io
Sent: 20 June 2022 10:44
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Com port pickle

Talk to the N1MML logger program developer. He has not selected the most reliable way to enumerate serial ports. And just off hand I do not see a duplication in that list. It's not the virtual serial port tool's problem if there really is no duplication present. If there is one it is removable once you know which one it is. His error message will have to be more specific. If he's not developing the program anymore it's time to junk it.

{^_^}

On 20220619 22:23:34, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

Hello Max, I use VPSE already, the full fat 64-bit licensed version and have used it for 5 years. That does not help me, it is a virtual com port emulator. The problem I have is finding out what is upsetting N1MM+ contest program which insists that I have duplicate com ports.

Too much DX on 6 and 2m to sort this out yesterday but I did download device remover. Meanwhile I just switch off the FDM-DUO and the warning disappears. Windows thinks that there is duplicate port but device manager does not find it.

Conrad PA5Y

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Max via groups.io
Sent: 19 June 2022 23:53
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Com port pickle

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 10:51 PM, Max wrote:

On this page you can see the GUI that shows physical and software ports.

Sorry, just realised the GUI shown in the linked page is Eltima but VSP Manager looks very similar.

See K5FR's own page for the GUI:

http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=VSP_Manager

Max

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.