From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jdow via groups.io
Sent: 20 June 2022 10:44
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Com port pickle

Talk to the N1MML logger program developer. He has not selected the most reliable way to enumerate serial ports. And just off hand I do not see a duplication in that list. It's not the virtual serial port tool's problem if there really is no duplication present. If there is one it is removable once you know which one it is. His error message will have to be more specific. If he's not developing the program anymore it's time to junk it.

{^_^}

On 20220619 22:23:34, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

Hello Max, I use VPSE already, the full fat 64-bit licensed version and have used it for 5 years. That does not help me, it is a virtual com port emulator. The problem I have is finding out what is upsetting N1MM+ contest program which insists that I have duplicate com ports.

Too much DX on 6 and 2m to sort this out yesterday but I did download device remover. Meanwhile I just switch off the FDM-DUO and the warning disappears. Windows thinks that there is duplicate port but device manager does not find it.

73

Conrad PA5Y