Re: Main Receiver DSP Docking to the RHS

jdow

The only think I can think of is you're trying to dock it on the matrix window or one of the other windows that can come up. That may not work unless Simon found some magic.

{^_^}

On 20220616 03:18:25, Nicholas Shaxted wrote:

I tried that. I move the DSP window according and it remains floating. I select “docking” and it flies back to where I started.

I’m still in the school of thinking I am doing something wrong.

I’m in the middle of mounting my 3.4GHz feed and pre-amp on the dish and as there are no drag and drop Windows features I need to measure twice, tighten and measure again….and eventually start again. A spotting laser helps no end.

I’ll return to the Windows receiver issues next week once I am done fitting the hardware to the mast

Thanks all.

Nick – g4ogi

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jdow via groups.io
Sent: 16 June 2022 11:02
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Main Receiver DSP Docking to the RHS

Did you see my post with the pictures? (Or did they not make it?)

This is a very standard Windows GUI metaphor. It's best to learn how to do it.

{o..o}

On 20220616 02:17:45, Nicholas Shaxted wrote:

Thanks Max,

I have tried all of that and am left with a floating panel.

As soon as I click to dock it the panel flies back to the RHS and docks.

For now I will leave it as it is as I don’t have time/can’t be bothered at this stage chasing the issue down

[I am trying to build some microwave kit for 3400Mhz, as well as manage the builders who making modifications to the house..]

Nick – g4ogi

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Max via groups.io
Sent: 16 June 2022 09:27
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Main Receiver DSP Docking to the RHS

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 11:30 AM, Nicholas Shaxted wrote:

If anyone is interested I have yet to resolve the issue.

nick

Nick

I assume you have read this about positioning panels/windows?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/LayoutPanes

I don't often need to use a Receiver pane as the main waterfall window serves my purpose, but to try and simulate your issue I did enable one RX Pane. Note that when you "left click and drag" the title bar of a pane, not only do you see the large "arrows diamond" cross graphic near the centre of the SDRC window to drop the pane onto in the required arrow position, if you look right at the edges of the screen you will see there are arrows there too. It's sometimes possible to end up with the RX pane all across the bottom of the screen and this can give the impression that it's overlapping the DSP (actually it's not). So either click/drag the DSP title bar to the arrow on to the far left of the screen to make it full height, or click/drag the title bar of the RX window to the bottom of the centre large crosses to place it where I think you want it, i.e. centre bottom.

Anyway, have a read of that section I linked if you did not already. Other than this I'm finding it hard to visualise the exact issue you are having but I find SDRC pane positioning entirely predictable on my setup.

Just to recap, if you left-click (and hold) and drag the title bar of any SDRC pane and place it over one of the large on-screen arrows, then that pane automatically switches to "docked" mode in the required position. If you don't release over one of the big on-screen arrows, then that pane then becomes floating.

Hope it helps?

Max

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.