Re: LimeSDR Mini 2.0 is Now Live!

Siegfried Jackstien

if you compare a non moded pluto with a lime or lime mini ... then you are right ... lime has better stability

but near all users either feed in an external clock or replace the clock in the pluto ... and then i think the pluto is better (after modding)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 03.06.2022 um 09:20 schrieb jose maria trueba:

Specs of both are similar in general, but I think Lime is much better because clock stability in Pluto is inadmissible for SSB and CW.

At only 12 bit and considering the very many spurs I think that none of them are good enough for a serious HF nor a VHF transceiver.
But both of them are very good toys to play with at UHF for TV and satellites because a high dynamic range is not required, once Pluto gets the required replacing of the TCXO which is not too difficult but implies voiding warranties and the risk of ruining it.

By the way.... I never heard of reliability issues from none of them.