Re: PlutoPlus & SDR Console - Garbled audio

jdow

Um, er, it might right there staring him in his face, among all the odd settings. He's about 4 kHz off calibration; his audio is muted so of course he will hear nothing; he has gain set to maximum and video gain set to -30; he is set to full duplex (try simplex, make it work, then try duplex if needed); TX side has gains maxed out (overload can produce odd effects); RF bandwidth is a tad small for WX broadcasts; and I lost interest looking for more. (I have noticed that out of a fairly narrow band of Visual Gain settings the radio will blank. That suggests me Video Gain is not really only a gain for the spectrum related displays.

He should try 12 kHz bandwidth. It will sound better. (He should NEVER try to transmit on that frequency. Never Never Never. I hope he didn't try it.) NOAA broadcasts are a wide NFM rather than the narrower deviation hams and many other services use. Channels are 25 kHz.

Is his antenna connected to RX or TX side? Is he set to use Pluto's AGC? (I don't trust it. Is there a strong signal out of his display range that is suppressing Pluto's gain?)

Is he set to NFM?

Simon, you might do some good to place current mode and IF bandwidth down in the status bar.

{o.o}

On 20220524 12:19:19, Simon Brown wrote:

Agreed. I see the audio’s muted. Try a broadcast station using BFM – 88 to 108MHz, start with a greater bandwidth.