Re: PlutoPlus & SDR Console - Garbled audio

jdow

Also show us what device manager says and what you see when you double click on its folder on "My PC".

{o.o}

On 20220524 08:29:37, Simon Brown wrote:

Don,

For goodness sake – screenshots! Show us what you’re doing, need to see the radio part of the receive panel.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Woodward
Sent: 24 May 2022 16:15
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] PlutoPlus & SDR Console - Garbled audio

Well I decided to update the Pluto firmware to 0.34 - now I am not receiving anything in SDR Console on the Pluto - for comparison I connected a RTLSDR and it's working fine.

BTW, the original issue was with TX audio from the Pluto being garbled - RX audio was always fine.  Also when I send the tone it was always fine on the other radio, I was monitoring both it on.

Advice on how to proceed?

73's

Don W.

KD4APP

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown via groups.io <simon@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 1:44 AM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>

Hi,

1. PlutoPlus – first time I’ve seen this, I know it exists but you’re the first I’ve encountered using it.
  2. On the top right of your screenshot there’s an Auto button – press it see we can see the waterfall better and know what you’re trying to demodulate.
  3. Try offset tuning – don’t have the signal you want to demodulate in the center of the display, there may be a spur there (I think this is the case).
  4. In the Receive panel on the left:
    1. Close the audio display window – not needed (click the button next to the audio level a few times).
    2. Scroll down so we can see the Radio settings, I expect this is the problem, gains need adjusting.
  1. We’ll find the problem!

I’ve attached a screenshot of a Pluto rev B – you see the Radio panel on the left and Transmit spectrum on the right.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Woodward
Sent: 24 May 2022 01:33
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io

See attached.

73's

Don W.

KD4APP

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU via groups.io <kliegle@...>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 8:26 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>

complete and unedited Screen shot using the screenshot tool will be most beneficial for us to help you. 

Especially taken when it is acting up. There’s an important bar graph meter in the lower ribbon bar that will probably leave us to some conclusion.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

--

- + - + -

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Attachments:

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.