Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
- PlutoPlus & SDR Console - Garbled audio (TX)
Re: PlutoPlus & SDR Console - Garbled audio (TX)
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 24 May 2022 21:31
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] PlutoPlus & SDR Console - Garbled audio (TX)
Pluto plus is NOT A GENUINE PLUTO
so.... Do not use fw from analog devices.
Use fw from the seller... Its different from the original pluto so needs a different fw!
Am 24.05.2022 22:22 schrieb Don Woodward <dbwoodw@...>:
OK - I fixed the receive issue after the firmware upgrade - I checked a UHF 432 and a UHF 1296 beacon that I had received before and they were coming in fine.
I then checked the Pluto Plus chipset - it had reverted to the default AD9363 (Default ADAM-PLUTO) which only has a tuning range of 325-3800MHz - I used the command line commands via SSH to change this to a ADM9364 which has a tuning range of 70-6000MHz.
Now back to the initial TX garbled audio testing which has turned into no audio from a MIC now even with the latest firmware v0.34.
Not getting any TX audio except on TX with "Tone" - see attached screen shot using MIC 🙂
Agreed. I see the audio’s muted. Try a broadcast station using BFM – 88 to 108MHz, start with a greater bandwidth.
There is a very strong National Weather Service transmitter 7.5 miles from me on 162.500 - not even seeing it.
For goodness sake – screenshots! Show us what you’re doing, need to see the radio part of the receive panel.
Well I decided to update the Pluto firmware to 0.34 - now I am not receiving anything in SDR Console on the Pluto - for comparison I connected a RTLSDR and it's working fine.
BTW, the original issue was with TX audio from the Pluto being garbled - RX audio was always fine. Also when I send the tone it was always fine on the other radio, I was monitoring both it on.
Advice on how to proceed?
- PlutoPlus – first time I’ve seen this, I know it exists but you’re the first I’ve encountered using it.
- On the top right of your screenshot there’s an Auto button – press it see we can see the waterfall better and know what you’re trying to demodulate.
- Try offset tuning – don’t have the signal you want to demodulate in the center of the display, there may be a spur there (I think this is the case).
- In the Receive panel on the left:
- Close the audio display window – not needed (click the button next to the audio level a few times).
- Scroll down so we can see the Radio settings, I expect this is the problem, gains need adjusting.
- We’ll find the problem!
I’ve attached a screenshot of a Pluto rev B – you see the Radio panel on the left and Transmit spectrum on the right.
A complete and unedited Screen shot using the screenshot tool will be most beneficial for us to help you.
Especially taken when it is acting up. There’s an important bar graph meter in the lower ribbon bar that will probably leave us to some conclusion.
73 Kriss KA1GJU
- + - + -
Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.