Re: Future version 1.27 of the "World Map" #future

jdow

And how much time does that read operation take? And is the time mark at the start of the first byte or at the end of the last byte. And when does the program performing the read get around to performing the read. And we go down the rabbit hole of precise time on PCs running Windows. (Linux is a little better in this regard. "Real Time" Linux is even better.

{^_-}

On 20220511 02:43:41, Simon Brown wrote:

With these NMEA devices the resolution comes from the chipset. As below, the time is 09h37m52s, the milliseconds value is always returned as zero. Not all NMEA sentences are returned by every device, mine doesn’t return the timestamps.

They are easy to read – just open the COM port and read the text.

$GPGLL,5006.3037,N,00507.6798,W,093752.000,A,A*47

$GPGLL,5006.3035,N,00507.6796,W,093753.000,A,A*4A

$GPGLL,5006.3032,N,00507.6792,W,093754.000,A,A*4E