Re: World Map 1.2.5

jdow

Then there is the brute force attempt to open each com port from 0 to 100.

It's fugly. And it's historically not consistent from motherboard to motherboard and program to program. As I remember it there are at least two different device type GUIDs you must enumerate over to get everything. At least MIDI is a little less out there in the ozone.

Then you can open com ports two different ways. One with the full \\ based URIs. I forget the details of the other way. I found the URIs were a little more reliable. By the time I was finding everything, for a customer, I felt like Wiley Coyote after a day chasing the roadrunner.

{^_^}

On 20220510 22:29:28, Simon Brown wrote:

Hi,

The correct way is to use SetupDiEnumDeviceInfo see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/setupapi/ .

Older software doesn’t use this API when installing the drivers, so I also use https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winbase/nf-winbase-getdefaultcommconfigw which really just digs around in the registry.

Com0com and Eltira behave nicely. My recommendation is com0com.

On 2022-05-10 07:16, Simon Brown wrote:

Max,

What are virtual ports? I need more information. If you mean a virtual serial cable then all correctly installed software is listed.

Moon etc. is not difficult – I have all the code in the satellite tracking part of SDR Console, have thought about showing a satellite, moon or a fleet of satellites (eg GPS).

When I get bored…

On 2022-05-07 15:01, Simon Brown wrote:

Yes,

Click the Home button in the Ribbon Bar, takes you to https://www.g4eli.com/world-map - let me know what more you need.