From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of n6vl via groups.io
Sent: 22 March 2022 16:16
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] GPU card

[Edited Message Follows]

This is a follow up to my previous "Minimizing CPU load" topic. In retrospect it's not the CPU load that's my issue, but SDR-C's effect on other logging applications. My CPU load is around 8% +/-. My machine is a Dell Optiplex 9020. It has a i7-4770 quad core 3.40 GHz w/ 16 GB RAM. I could upgrade to 32 GB.

However it's the display that could be lacking. It has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645. I'm not privy to graphics card performance. I could try to get a more up to date NVIDIA card. SDR Console can off load some of it processing to GPU memory. My card has 1 GB RAM. I don't need 4K graphics, so legacy 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz is just fine for me. My middle aged eyes are quite happy with my current resolution.

I don't see any performance benefit by enabling NVIDIA CUDA. How do I know if it's increasing performance? Any diagnostics?

de Steve N6VL