Re: Continuum mode

Charles Suckling

Hi Simon

I have been able to use Spectravue in the past in conjunction with SDR-Console by outputting IQ via the CW skimmer option and feeding that via VAC to Spectravue.

Apart from the complication and overhead of having two applications running, the limitation here for me was that the maximum noise bandwidth that seemed to work OK was 48kHz.

This limitation leads to a certain level of fluctuations in the displayed level meaning that measuring small changes in noise is impossible with any accuracy (fluctuation amplitude I think reduces with the square root of the sampled bandwidth.

What would be ideal is for a continuum display to use as much bandwidth as possible to reduce the residual fluctuations to a minimum.

Charlie DL3WDG

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 at 22:48, sm6fhz <ingolf.fhz@...> wrote:
Hi.
Here is an early message (May 2014) with an tentative short-spec for the Continuum Mode:
https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/23048
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ